Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PV 210TX modification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by morebass!, Sep 8, 2003.

1. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I read about a mod you can make to this cabinet here and elsewhere and tried it on my own but couldn't make it work. Maybe someone can help. I'm trying to bypass the crossover so the woofers get a full range signal. As one poster recommended, I snipped the yellow and black wires going to the inductor and connected them together. That didn't work - the tweeter still worked but not the woofers. So I tried taking those wires that were previously going to the inductor and connecting them to the wires going directly to the woofers. Still nothing. Next I might try removing the whole crossover/attenuator and connecting the woofers directly to the input jack but that would probably be irreversible and seriously reduce resale value, not to mention eliminate the tweeter. So I thought I'd ask you genorous souls for help. Thanks.

2. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Well, I guess this isn't something commonly done. No cabinet modifiers out there? I'll give it just one bump.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    This issue was brought up several times on The Bottom Line. If you do a search of TBL archives, I am sure that you will find a detailed explanation of this mod. I have an old 210TX (which for sale, BTW!), and I recall looking into a temporary mod like this where you would just need to use one piece of wire to connect two of the posts on the back of the rear plate. However, without looking at it, I can't recall which two. However, I got my "instructions" from TBL archives, so I am sure that you will find what you are looking for there.

Tom.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If the inductor is in series with the woofers, the first change you made should have done the trick. Or, just bypass the inductor with a wire.