1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PV Century 200H + 2x15 cab. Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IronYuppie, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Hey guys,
    Well I'm looking to buy my first amp this weekend. The local pawnshop has a peavey century 200h and an older peavey 2x15 cab. He wants 300 USD for the combo but I think I can talk him down a bit. Good deal? In the future I think I would keep the cabs, add some tens and upgrade or add another amp. Good plan?

2. Aww c'mon now, give a TBer some advice :help: :D

3. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004

had an old peavey 2-15 ! save your money and get a new one! unless its black widow 15's ! :D

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I don't think it's a bad price...not a great one, but you can always make an offer. Others might disagree, but I'm quite frugal !:D

I'm trying to come to grips with the idea of an Alembic Series 1 through an old-school Peavey rig with 15s...

It is always a great idea to play your bass through any potential amp. However, if the pawnshop guys know anything about instruments, it's unlikely that you'll get a discount on a $300 amp if you haul that bass in there to try it out!

5. Hehe, me too! But I have no amplification at all right now so anything will be an improvement. Well I think I'll offer him $250 for both cab and amp together and see if he goes for it.

Thanks for the advice!