Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PV Century 200H + 2x15 cab. Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IronYuppie, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Hey guys,
    Well I'm looking to buy my first amp this weekend. The local pawnshop has a peavey century 200h and an older peavey 2x15 cab. He wants 300 USD for the combo but I think I can talk him down a bit. Good deal? In the future I think I would keep the cabs, add some tens and upgrade or add another amp. Good plan?

2. Aww c'mon now, give a TBer some advice :help: :D

3. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004

had an old peavey 2-15 ! save your money and get a new one! unless its black widow 15's ! :D

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I don't think it's a bad price...not a great one, but you can always make an offer. Others might disagree, but I'm quite frugal !:D

I'm trying to come to grips with the idea of an Alembic Series 1 through an old-school Peavey rig with 15s...

It is always a great idea to play your bass through any potential amp. However, if the pawnshop guys know anything about instruments, it's unlikely that you'll get a discount on a $300 amp if you haul that bass in there to try it out!

5. Hehe, me too! But I have no amplification at all right now so anything will be an improvement. Well I think I'll offer him $250 for both cab and amp together and see if he goes for it.

Thanks for the advice!