Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PX3B 9V ADAPTER

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rickbass, Dec 21, 2000.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Can any of you good folks tell me where I can get an AC adapter for my PX3B? I don't leave anything plugged into it when it's not in use and I use the illuminated screen sparingly, yet, it seems to have an appetite for batteries. All the PXB3 vendors I've contacted, including Korg, either don't respond or act like, "Adapter? Whazzat?" (And I thought just using the thing was an enigma).
    Thanks in advance!

2. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I picked up a universal adaptor at Wal Mart for $10 that worked great. Make sure to match the voltage, polarity, and current. Radio shack is another place to check.

Mark

3. rickbass

Mark - Thanks! But where did you get all that info. about polarity, etc.? I looked at the spec.'s in the somewhat useless manual and I don't see anything about those considerations. Assuming I do get those spec.'s, did the adapters you saw at Radio Shack/Wal-Mart list that info. on the packaging?

4. mwbonsall

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    This information should be listed in the owners manuel and on the unit next to the DC input. The power supplies also list this info on the packaging.

Mark

5. rickbass

Mark- Is that those icons next to "DC9V" that look sort of like, ("sort of" due to keyboard limitations),

"+"(in a circle),
    "."in a partial circle,
    and "-" in a circle, ?

If so, do I just match these up with the same icons on the adapter packaging? (Guess you can tell I'm not an electrical engineer).
    Thanks very much.

6. mwbonsall

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I suggest you take your unit to radio shack and have someone there help you get the right adaptor. You will fry it if you hook it up wrong.

Mark

7. rickbass

Thanks again. That's what I was afraid of happening.