Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

px4b pandora effects processor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bentem, Oct 21, 2002.

1. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Im planning on buying one of theese on thursday. Does anyone have one of theese? ive heard they are pretty good, and easy to use, plus, i need the drum patterns. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or opinions of it?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I have one, use it for headphone practicing pretty exclusively. I really like it, it's easy to setup.

The effects are good enough quality, pretty much what you would expect for the price.
    There is a bass cancel and transpose on the aux input so you can feed audio in and pretty much eliminate the bass line and/or transpose it up/down if it's in a drop tuning.

I don't do anything much with the drum patterns, you can chain different patterns, and usually just pick one pattern and a tempo to play to.

Also I've never put the output through an amp, or used it for rehearsals/gigging so I can't help you there. But as far as a practice tool goes, it knocks the socks off the Rockman. Which it should do, for three times the price :)