Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Pyp-Bomb" amp???? Anyone know about this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OmegaZ27, Dec 31, 2005.

1. OmegaZ27

OmegaZ27

Sep 18, 2005
    California
    [​IMG]

http://pyp-bomb.com/

Well, I saw this in a Guitar Player mag and I was wondering if anyone knew about this/tried it out.

2. OmegaZ27

OmegaZ27

Sep 18, 2005
    California
    bump

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    A cylindrical shape is one of the best possible for loudspeaker enclosures. But to be usable on electric bass you'd need something constructed from at least 12 inch diameter PVC, not the six inch at best that this rig appears to be made of.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    True but lets not take this out of context. How much bottom end can you produce from such a small speaker at a mere 18w RMS? Probably not much. Certainly not enough to compete with a proper bass rig. I get the feeling that's not what this is designed for. If all you need is a bedroom practice speaker that at least makes some sort of sound, then it's worth a shot. Just don't expect it to be loud enough or produce enough lows for a gig or rehearsal.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Not much, but I believe this is intended for guitar, not bass, and 18 watts with guitar can get pretty loud. I believe the world would be a much better place if all guitar players were limited to 18 watts.