1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PYPB 41 - Fred The Goldfish

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
  2. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    In!

Nothing fancy, primarily built for doubling on electric and slapped upright, chain goes like this:
    1: Bass -> Flexo (ROG Flipster) -> Zoom B3 (effects for EB, comp/EQ/preamp for DB) -> Tech21 VT Bass (EB) -> DI-Box 1 -> Mixer
    2: Slap pickup on DB -> Boss CS-3 -> DI-Box 2 -> Mixer

pb1dmsa7.

pb2basrk.

3. I forgot about the under shots. Mine is a nightmare since moving to the PT-2. Also, where are all of the night light shots? And, subbed. Yay.

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    Flexo is awesoooooome.

5. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    Thanks! I built him in ca. 2006, and it's the only pedal that managed to stay on every incarnation of my PB since.

6. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    ................................Bass..........................................................Treble........................

_basstreble+lights+130317.

7. Reaper Man

Reaper Man

Jan 15, 2010
    MA
    it's like looking at the forest at night.....

(I didn't want to go with the obvious reference)

8. Here's where I'm currently at. Will try to take a night shot and peek under their skirts for a backside shot tonight. ;)

5sg.

03adf268f5b21bf0d9e5b7135b05e7a3.

9. It needs wiring up but this is the best combination I have had so far. :hyper: The orange pedal is a rehoused Oxide, and the white is a Barbershop clone.
    attachment.

10. i used to use a modded clone of a octaver and it was amazing. my bandmate gemma borrowed it and wont give it back.

11. it's the extra "r" that gives it its mojo :p

12. yes. i cant wait for the new octaverr. now with more mojo

13. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Messy version is messy until I decide what to do with the TFR

Attached Files:

14. Out of curiosity, any particular reason you rehoused the Oxide?

5sg.

15. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    In with my current setup. Digging it ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364483000.493792.

16. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    The board as it is today (it will be different tomorow....) :)

DSCF0059_zps4de513fb.

17. NeroJazz

NeroJazz

May 2, 2011
    Denmark
    What's the verdict on the Mercy Phuk? I'm very interested in hearing how the knob works.

18. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Posted this in a few threads yesterday:

CameraZOOM-20130327224817761.

CameraZOOM-20130327224730943.

19. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    The Mercy Phuk is a high-gain overdrive. There is an internal trim-pot that allows you to dial back the amount of gain but right out of the box the setting is for max gain. So as you move the knob past about 10 o'clock the gain is fairly intense. I adjusted the internal trim-pot a bit to dial back some of the gain. The OD itself is bright and crunchy (the way I like). There is a "Girth" switch on the side which is particularly useful for bass so I didn't feel like there was much of a low-end sacrifice.

I've been using a Pork Loin for a while now to get some mild overdrive and the Mercy Phuk is quite the opposite. Nothing mild about it which is actually what I was looking for. The Girth switch is key though as without it I felt the OD was a bit too bright. Overall, I like it alot. I had a Phat Phuk for a while but felt it didn't do enough for me....the Mercy Phuk is the answer to that problem.