PYPB 44: ...like Tetris with boxes, wires and cables

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jean Baudin, Mar 18, 2014.

1. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Finally stopped being lazy and reorganized my board. The Elements is a gamechanger and the decimate (underneath) combined with updating my 90s power strips has significantly lowered my noise.

I like the tone of the Supro and have no idea why it's not mentioned more, its pretty unique for the chip it uses and takes up pretty much no space.

I use the 3Leaf pedals the least so will probably use that space to test out new dirts. The Doom into the Moog of course is an amazing classic synth sound but my writing has less and less of that.

Miss my Bugcrusher and my Meatbox but alas the temple board isn't one pedal wider :(

dECvJTL.jpg

2. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Nice, what do you like about the Elements?

3. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I switch between my Bass VI-style instrument and my fretless and jazz, so I love being able to adjust with just a flip of the bass cut switch. I use it for its low gain mode as the style of music I play doesn't reallly demand that much metal, but it's nice to know I have the option for it if I need it.

Poobini and BunchyMutt like this.
  4. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    (posted to LBA thread already)

To the point: I wasn’t sure at first, but I reallllly like these LBA 2020S’ssss.

I finally got to try them out live in four sets this weekend. We run direct to board, all IEMs, nothing on stage. 95% of the time, I’m not using any of the effects, just the Cali76 CB and the Noble always on. They’re great all by themselves, but I really like whatever special sauce, mojo, pixie-dust that the 2020S’ssss add. The highs are warm and thick while at the same time becoming more clear and nuanced. Every note on the B string tightened up with great hammer of a thump. I don’t recall who, but someone on here said the 2020S make everything feel polished and studio recording like. Agreed. No more mud at all. The tone through my IEMs is the best it’s ever been. I only wished that I had a wireless to hear FOH.

My wife commented “You were really loud but it sounded really good. If you make any mistakes now, everyone will know”... I guess the sound guys had me up louder than normal. That’s always the real proof right? D892E667-29DA-4023-B152-80AF0F89057C.jpeg

Attached Files:

rjovin, just_chill, Turtle71 and 15 others like this.
  5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    San Francisco
    Help me understand what’s going on with the 4 2020s.

6. Magic of Tonal Proportions!
    Cosmic Transformative Signal Path Seasoning!
    If one is good, four must be four times better, yeah.

Jerry thingamabob.png

7. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    It's getting pink! Latest addition is the custom pink Comodoro Sabon reverb

1C299484-5F30-415A-978C-D496306CA940.jpeg

rjovin, just_chill, Turtle71 and 13 others like this.
  8. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    Pink is the 2021 color for pedals.

cosmicevan, kranahan and HCF like this.
  9. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    I hope so! I'm still looking for a pink tuner :D

Nick von Nick and saltydude like this.
  10. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    It’s ok. I like colors. Fancy artwork not as much but big colors is fine with me.

Nick von Nick and HCF like this.
  11. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    Yes, this is America, and more is always better.

The truth is that I had been looking at them for a while, was torn on how many to get, and had read about others experiences with 1-4... then when I went to pull the trigger there were exactly 4 left. Fate. There may be a point of diminishing returns, but I don’t think I’m there yet.

12. Forgive my small jest, Consider me a believer in the magic of the LBA 2020. I have not as of yet joined the Clan of the 2020S but will as soon as spare funds allow, so many other things attract my meager funds, so many shiny things....
    My one 2020 is a crucial step in my recording set up.
    IMG_20210606_182334243.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Turtle71, Wito, Nefarius696 and 4 others like this.
  13. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    A new small board arrived today… a mono small. It’s bigger than my small Dingbat, I decided I needed more room (for a comp). Its still pretty compact compared to the bigger board… I threw the dingbat pedals in it and a few extras and I dig it; it will be more convenient for schlepping and it does truly sounds killer.

682F3B1B-1A24-4D36-89E3-ADAC8261142E.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  14. image_13007.jpg 41284ca6-e0f6-44cd-9de5-e7f30928c800_1000.jpg
    Fortune favors the bold.

Turtle71, HCF, kranahan and 3 others like this.
  15. Cool, I just ordered a pink Polarbear Effects Drowner.

cosmicevan, saltydude and HCF like this.
  16. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    oooh, I saw those. Let us know how it sounds!

Also, where did you order it? According to the website they're sold out

17. Yeah, I snagged the last one of those, apparently. I saw their post on Instagram and ordered it and they were sold out after that.

I'll make sure to let you know how I like it. :)

HCF likes this.
  18. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Have had my new pedal board, a Harley Benton Spaceship 80, for a couple of weeks now, but just here tonight I decided to at least take the first step in the direction of setting it up, arranging the pedals I use for my bass setup on the board, so I know where I am going to attach them.

Looks like this (the white goo on some of the knobs of the pedals is hot glue to fixate the settings I use) :
    Bass-Pedal-Board-090621-small.jpg

My full signal chain being as follows:

(*pedals listed in [ red/bold/underline text ] are "always on" effects*)

4 string 28,6" scale Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass (equipped with an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, wired directly to the output jack socket, and strung with gauge .090 - .072 - .054 - .040 D'Addario XL nickle plated steel core roundwound strings, tuned in F# standard tuning, 2 half steps above regular 4 string bass E standard tuning) ->>

TC Electronic SpectraComp (always on 3 band parallel compression, adding extra punch, snap and bite, but without really affecting my playing dynamics) ->> TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini (always on digital polyphonic octaver, used as an 1 octave up effect mixed with clean bass signal, giving an effect similar to that of an 8 string "octave" bass, with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings) ->> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (always on, parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ={ [Loop A Send] ->> Joyo Orange Juice (always on low gain overdrive, really primarily used to enhance harmonic content, [Tone] set at about 11 o'clock, [Voice] set to boost a wide curve around a 800Hz center frequency about +3dB pre gain stage, always mixed with clean {bass+octave up} signal from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> [Loop A Return] ->||<- [Loop B Send] ->> (empty effects loop for clean {bass+octave up} signal blend with Orange Juice in effects [Loop A]) ->> [Loop B Return] ([Loop A] + [Loop B] mixed at an about 50/50 ratio) }=>> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ={ [Loop A Send] ->> Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz (Boss FZ-2/Univox Super Fuzz clone, octave fuzz, always mixed with clean {bass+octave up} signal from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Joyo Orange Juice (lower medium gain grindy kind of overdrive, always used either stacked into the Metal Zone in front of it, and mixed with the Rat distortion in parallel effects [Loop B], or as a dirty slight "clean" boost mixed with clean {bass+octave up} signal from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (distortion, used with a relatively low gain setting, always used with the Orange Juice behind it stacked into it, and always used mixed with the Rat distortion in parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser (EHX Small Stone clone, used in the high feedback and deep sweep mode, always used boosted by the Hotone Trem in front of it, and almost always used mixed with flanger in parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Hotone Trem (Tremolo with rate and depth at 0, always used to boost either the Behringer phaser placed behind it and make it a bit brighter, since it's a few dB above unity gain when engaged and got a tone control) ->> [Loop A Return] ->||<- [Loop B Send] ->> Mosky Black Rat (RAT clone, in Turbo RAT, LED diode clipping, mode, quite raunchy, fuzz-esque, high gain distortion, always used mixed with the Metal Zone distortion in parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> Monarch MFL-22 (flanger, most often used mixed with phaser in parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> [Loop B Return] ([Loop A] + [Loop B] mixed at an about 55/45 ratio) }=>> Behringer UT100 Ultra Tremolo (almost always used staked into Valeton chorus in front of it) ->> Valeton Aquaflow Vintage Chorus (Boss CE-1 clone, almost always used with the tremolo staked into it) ->> Artec SE-EQ8 (always on 8 band graphic equalizer, settings as follows: [Freq=100Hz LoShlv Boost=+1dB ; Freq=170Hz Q=wide Boost=+1dB ; Freq=280Hz Q=narrow Boost=+3dB ; Freq=500Hz Q=narrow Boost=+2dB ; Freq=800Hz Q=narrow Boost=+1dB ; Freq=1.4kHzHz Q=narrow Boost=+2dB ; Freq=2.3kHz Q=wide Boost=+3dB ; Freq=5kHz HiShlv Cut=-10dB]) ->> Zoom G1Xon (Always on "160 Comp" (emulating a DBX 160A compressor) set to a quite subtle compression, and additionally used for 2 reverb patches, which respectively are as follows: Plate Reverb->HD Hall Reverb->Tape Delay, prominent reverb patch :-: Plate Reverb->HD Hall Reverb->Tape Delay, extremely thick lush reverb patch, used as a reverb pad effect with volume swells) ->> NUX Tape Core Deluxe (Roland Space Echo tape delay emulation) ->> Zoom MS-70CDR (always on 2 x 2 band parametric EQ : [Freq=63Hz Q=4 Boost=+1dB ; Freq=200Hz Q=4 Boost=+1dB ; Freq=400Hz Q=2 Boost=+1dB ; Freq=1kHz Q=4 Boost=+1dB] ->> subtle plate reverb ->> and faux, EQ based, cab sim, consisting of a 2 band parametric EQ set as follows: [Freq=12kHz Q=1 Cut=-18dB ; Freq=20kHz Q=0.5 Cut=-20dB], and additionally used for a lush Church reverb that can be switched on/off)

->> Band rehearsal/jamming/gigging // ->> Home practice / Home recordings :

->> Joyo American Sound (always on clean preamp (gain set to ever so slightly break up when digging in the hardest), a Tech 21 Blonde clone, analog emulation of a Fender type amp, with a wide curve around the center frequency of 400Hz boosted about +3dB, and an about +3dB pre gain stage boost to wide curve around the center frequency of 800Hz) // ->> Band rehearsal/jamming/gigging ->> [Effects Return] (poweramp input) of Peavey Solo Special 112 (160W, solid state guitar combo, with the build in 4 Ohm 12" speaker unit disconnected and instead hooked up to a The Box PA 502 PA speaker) ->> The Box PA 502 (full range PA speaker with 1x 15" + 1.7" high frequency tweeter horn) // ->> Home practice / Home recordings ->> Behringer Eurorack UB1202 (mixer) ->> [ ->> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (headphones) ]/[ ->> Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC100 (tube preamp) ->> M-Audio Fast Track (sound interface) ->> Reaper (DAW) ]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  19. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Here's more inspiration to knudge you towards respraying your tuner:
    Old pink pedalboard pic from 2011:
    Pedal Familty Reunion 12-20-2011 009.jpg

Spray painted PitchBlack tuner:
    20210609_194210~02.jpg

Disassemble the pedal then pop the lens out from the inside before painting.

20. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love having different boards and playing on different boards. I find it keeps things fresh and it's just fun to have more sounds. I can't wait to see the third board ;)

bassbrad and Matt Dean like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021