Pyramid PA1000X 1000 power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 4, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey I've seen this power amps around latley, and they seem to be very nicely priced. Just a few questions.

First, are they any good? In the music world, it seems that the more you pay for something, the better quality it is. Do you think this are moderatley priced for a reason?

2nd, they can be used as a bass power amp right? I keep seeing them advertised as DJ power amps, so I wasn't sure. (sorry if that's a stupid question)

3rd, they are advertised as 1000 watts x 2 at 4 ohms. Does that mean it's 1000 watts per side, or both sides equal 1000 watts? (Again, sorry if it's a stupid question)

Thanks a lot.
  2. MoTown

Nov 27, 2002
    I bought one of these and the watts were so dirty / amp cliped so much it was a nightmare. Total waste of money. I hated that thing so much that I left it behind at the last place I used it. Also, that 1000watts IS PEAK power. Serious false advertizment on behalf of pyramid. If I were u I'd save for something better.
  3. If you think there's too much marketing dazzle in guitar and bass equipment, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

DJ and car audio equipment are in constant competition for the maximum style-to-substance ratio.

My church has a Pyramid power amp for its DJ setup, and the thing weighs 50 pounds and probably doesn't even put out 200 clean watts RMS per side. Disgraceful.
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, I thought something seemed fishy those. (200 bucks for 1000 watts!)

Thanks for the heads up, guys.
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    As far as I know Pyramid is a joke waiting for dummies on Ebay. Ever seen the guitar practice amps they always advertise? HIGH POWERED GUITAR AMP 800 WATTS!!! ONE 8" SPEAKER!!! I wouldn't be surprised if that 1000 watt amp was really a 50 watt amp.