1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pyramid ZPA power amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by disfiguredmetal, Mar 22, 2010.

1. disfiguredmetal

disfiguredmetal

Sep 23, 2006
    Hey guys how goes it? It's been a while since I last posted anything, but I'm looking to score aa inexpensive power amp and I stumbled upon these Pyramid ZPA power amps and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I tried to search and I couldn't find anything on the board so here it is. I needed to no if these things will last more than a year, if they are acceptable for bass guitar applications, and whether or not these amps can be bridged. Just google the pyramid ZPA 1000, or 1500 and you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
    -Adam

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive Suspended

In my experience anything with the name Pyramid is low end. You'd be better off with a higher quality product IMO.

Paul

3. +1

Pyramid is DJ grade equipment just like Gemsound, Pyle, American Audio, etc.

4. Flea market grade junk. Don't do it.

Behringer EP1500 is $200 shipped from B&H. Perfectly good amp, trustworthy vendor. Save up a little more. You won't be sorry.

5. disfiguredmetal

disfiguredmetal

Sep 23, 2006
    Thanks guys just trying to see what my options are. I'm trying to replace my ampeg svt 3 pro with a good power amp. I only use the ampeg as a power amp any ways so I wanted something that has more power and weighs less in a 2 space rack unit. Some preferbly inexspensive, i.e. Under $300.

6. Skip_NJ

Skip_NJ

Jun 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    Buy used. Quality equipment with a lot of miles on it is better than crappy new equipment, especially something like a power amp that doesn't have moving parts to wear out.

7. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    for $350 you can get a brand new Crown xti1000. (18.5lbs)
    or for $300 a new Peavey IPR1600.(7-8 lbs)

both of them are very good power amps for bass.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020