Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

python eats aligator, then explodes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hiderebirth, Oct 5, 2005.

1. zomg

all I can say is that is frikkin amazing :eek:

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    wow.... that's..... weird

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Woah. That was one ballsy python. Still, he got the alligator in the end.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I see some nice shoes.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

i was thinkin a strap...

6. I see a whole freaking sectional couch!

Randy

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You guys are greedy! I meant shoes for everyone!

8. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I see new tolex for a bass cab.
    Things would have easier if I could have force-fed it my bass cab.

What?? Don't give me that look... :eyebrow:

9. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    That is one GIANT snake......

I want one.

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    You know what they say: the eyes are always bigger than the mouth :D

11. elwood

elwood there is no spoo

Jul 25, 2001
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    LOL
    totally amazing

12. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    You see what happen when you eat too much junk food...
    Too much hamburgator is not good for ya pythons....
    http://www.[malware url removed].com/avatars/zmisc/zmisc0075.gif

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I saw this on this morning's news cast. He should've just been happy with the shoes, but no, he had to eat it too! Greed, my friends, greed! :scowl:

14. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    From the article:

"... there had been four known encounters between the two species in the past. In the other cases, the alligator won or the battle was an apparent draw."

I would call this encounter a draw as well... a very strange and disturbing draw, but a draw nonetheless... :)

EDIT: Also from the article, my nominee for "Maker of the Most Obvious Understatement of 2005," Professor Frank Mazzotti:

"Clearly, if they can kill an alligator they can kill other species."

I certainly think the man deserves The Golden Duh Award, how about you folks? :p

Thanks for sharing, hiderebirth. Too, too weird.

'rick

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yet another example of how STOOPID humans can be.

:scowl:

...the Everglades, in addition to damn near being destroyed by the straightening of the Kissimmee River in the 50's and the outrageous growth of south Floirda's population, not to mention the sugar cane farmers drawing down water, is also being absolutely inundated with non-native species of reptiles, fish, and plants that are out-competing the native species.

Thankfully, some are starting to see the danger being brought on by these things, they re-routed the Kissimmee back to it's former course (cattle farmers weren't pleased, but hey, they got 40 years of "gimme" from the feds, and they didn't have to pay it back...WE DID...:rollno: ).

But the critters and plants, that's a whole 'nother level of difficult to deal with - how do you catch thousands of creepy crawlies and swimmers (there are PIRHANA in the Everglades!)??? And the maleluca tree, which is a HUGE water consumer, also grows and spreads like weeds, containing them is next to impossible...

:(

There may be a day when the "river of grass" is no more, and it's already a mere shadow of it's former self now.

:bawl:

16. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Happens all over the world too Gard. Cane Toads in Australia, Foxes in Tasmania (why does Ausie land always get this crap?).

I dont understand why someone would import these types of animals to release into the wild. If you have an unwanted snake or other animal you shouldnt have gotten in the first place, take it to the vet and have it put down or take it a rescue operation.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Juneau, yeah, I'm aware that it is a global issue (there was a very good article in National Geographic a couple months ago on the topic), I was just commenting on the 'glades because the article was about an incident there.

People do DUMB stuff everywhere...and then instead of dealing with it responsibly (i.e. "putting the animal down" or finding a new home for it), they just toss it out like garbage..."if I don't see it, it's not there anymore!!!"

:scowl:

18. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Between hurricanes, killer snakes and gators, you Floridians got it goin on with the badness quotient. I'll take the occasional earthquake and cougar attack here in California.

I had a parakeet land on my windshield wiper driving to court the other day. Wild man, wild.

19. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    There are Green Parots here in Dallas as well. I saw 4 of them gathered at a bird feeder at my neighbors house a few weeks ago. I was so taken aback at seeing bright green birds, I went and looked it up.

They apparently are a feral population and are causing major problems building their up to 1000lbs nests atop power poles and such.

20. What if your 9 foot pet python doesn't WANT to get into the car? :eek:

Randy