Q about e-mailing FrontPage (html) files

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by canopener, Jan 25, 2005.

1. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hey guys, I'm e-mailing some html files on my computer to a prospective employer and had a quick question. When attaching the files, do I need to attach .jpg files separately, as I would when uploading it to the web? Or would I be ok just attaching the .html file by itself?

2. yes you will need to upload the pics seperatly if you want to see him, and depending on the code make sure they are in the correct folder for him to view. but why are you emailing it? why cant he just look at it online?
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Thanks. The site was from a few college projects I had, and since I graduated, my personal site had been removed.
  4. on second thought

take your site, html and pics and all put it into one folder and zip the whole thing and send him that, then he can unzip it and wont have to put everything into proper folders
  5. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    You could just open the Page in Internet Explorer and then do a "Save" and it will save all the files to a directory of your choice.

Then just zip the whole thing up and he can unzip it to his PC and open it "offline", with everything intact.

FrontPage has a crazy way of sorting files that may or not be viewable to someone who doesn't use FrontPage.