1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

q? about SVT4pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Uziel, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    i'va an SVT4pro and i'ld like to know if i am alone to not be able to put something on the 1U just over it ? does your have the screws (top panel) that are no recessed ?

2. distrot

distrot

Mar 26, 2007
    mine are not set in and I have never had a problem putting anything on top. I have put a korg tuner and a 3 pro on top separately and its never given me trouble.

3. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    the point is that on my head, the screw are about 3mm past the top of the front panel (do you see what i mean ?)

4. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    ampeg-svt-4-pro.jpg

here you can see that the top plate is a little lower than the top edge of the front panel... on mine, all is straight...

5. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    bump

6. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I am able to put things above my SVT4pro. I have to put the SVT int he rack first and make sure it is all the way top the bottom. My screws stick up that far but It looks like the distance from the top of the face plate to the top cover is bigger on mine.. enough to give clearance.
    Jonathan

7. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    can some other owners help ?
    i've take another look at mine yesterday : i've only 1-2mm from the top of the face plate to the top cover... mine is one of the last US made... do you think it was mis-assembled ??

8. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    When installing your rack gear, try doing it with the racks front-end pointing upright, and then install all your rack-units before tightening any of the mounting screws.
    If this method still wont work, you could replace your amps origanal top panel screws with different ones that have a lower profile design. (from a good hardware store)

9. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    If any of your rack devices still have their (originally-equipped) rubber-feet, you may gain the needed space by removing/replacing or modifying them.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021