1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Q' from a pedal newbe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by prsbass, Aug 22, 2007.

1. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Sorry if this has been asked a million times already. I'm just scratching the surface here with these and the Wah will probably be sold and replaced by a Morley.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The Budda and Squeeze box don't use 9v power but I want to get something like the Pedal Power. Any options out there for both straight up 110/120 power and 9v conversion? Do I just need to get to different power supplies? If so can I plug one into another to get down to one power cord coming from the pedal board I intend to make.
    I want to get something that will handle about 10 or more pedals as I'm thinking I'd like to dive into this further. Any tone helping suggestions for building a pedal board greatly appreciated too. Stuff like cord type, cool must have pedals and anything else that you've found to be fun to use.

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    hmmm

voodoo lab pedal power 2 should works .. but double-check it ..

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The PPII has a single 120V outlet. You might pair it with their AC supply, to handle the Budda and other AC powered pedals; the two, a PPII and an AC supply, would be a mighty combo, but expensive.

Side note: do you happen to have a schematic or manual for that Squeezebox? My Squeezebox is not working right, and I am not yet comfortable diagnosing it without the schema.

4. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    If you're building a pedalboard I'd recommend checking out Monster Bass cables. D'addario (Planet Waves) also make some cool pedal cables.

The pedals I've gotten the most milage out of are of course a Boss TU-2 tuner, and an MXR Bass D.I. that has a second channel for distortion. Also probably my Dunlop 105Q. I like some of the sounds it gets but I use other wah pedals as well.

5. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    What if I got a PPII and high quality power strip? I could run the power strip off the PPII and then plug 120v pedals into the power strip and 9v pedals run off the PPII.
    Any small high quality power strips available?

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure, most hardware stores and office-supply stores have them. One music-store option is the Furman Pluglock, which is designed to hold a half dozen wall warts and clamp them securely into place. It's a bit bulky, but it does what it's supposed to.

7. jaebee

jaebee

Mar 16, 2007
    honestly, dont waste your money on monster bass unless your entire chain is going to be top notch. there are plenty of good patch cables out there, and they dont need to be that rugged since they are on a board (as opposed to a stage)

8. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Didn't notice you Squeeze Box question the first time around. I've looked all over for the a schematic and haven't been able to find one. I even found the old Retrospec website but wasn't able to get through to any body. I'm sure they quit following up on that site a long time ago.
    Here's link http://www.slidingdelta.com/retrospec/retrospec.html