Q: how many bluegrass bassists does it take

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by peteroberts, Jun 5, 2004.

1. to screw in a lightbulb?

A: One. Five. One. Five.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nyuk Nyuk

Enjoy the sound of one hand clapping... :D Ah
  3. Excuse me while I go sit in the garden and *rofl* for two hours...
  4. How lead singers does it take?

One to hold the light bulb, and the rest of the world to revolve around him.
  5. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I don't get the original!
  6. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    It's supposed to mean bluegrass players only play root/fifth root/fifth.

Anyone who thinks that needs to listen to Edgar Meyer's playing on the Strength in numbers CD or any other CD he's on for that matter.
  7. yep, I just saw him w/Bela and he did everything *but* that!
  8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

9. Even though the bass may not be up to par, bluegrass still is awesome I think. My papa was in a bluegrass band called the Dixie Ramblers and they won the Florida State Bluegrass Festival. They were really good, and I enjoy listening to their music a lot. My papa has one of those buttery smooth higher singing voices. I love to listen to him sing in church. Man I sound really southern. Oh well, I am what I is. :cool:
  10. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    ^ Yeah I was thinking that when you repetely said " papa " not dad or something.
  11. My roomate freshman year of college (i go to school in NC) would always tell me stuff about his dad.... he'd always say .... "well dad says its best to..." , "Dad thinks...." - I was always like ... "Dude, its not my dad- he's your dad- and were not brothers".

Its just a southern thing, I loved it, the kid was great. He also called his dad Daddy sometimes.... gotta love the south.
  12. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Well I'm Texan and my daughter calls me Papa in stead of Dad. I kind of dig that.