1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Q: noice reduction .

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basswou, May 24, 2001.

1. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    Hi there

I'm looking for a way to reduce (treble) noice , the more effects I use , the more this noice gets amplified . The latest
    effect even create noice that's present when I just play a note .

my question : is the boss ns-2 any good ? or is it just a noice gate for killing noice when there's no signal ?

Other suggestions are welcome too .

thanks

2. How are you powering your effects????

3. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    I use a boss adaptor , I don't think the pedals are the cause of the noise . It seems to me they just amplified it .

4. I use my digitech bp8's noise gate. It blocks out any sound other than played notes, but sometimes cuts down on how long a note resonates.

5. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    thanks , but that's not what I meant . I have noise whenever I play a note. I was wondering if the boss NS 2 was any good at noise reduction , or is it just another noise gate ?

6. Oh, i see. I've never tried the NS-2 so i don't know if it would work. I thought you meant just normal string noise and buzz that occurs when your not playing. I guess i can't help you then.

7. ok lets see. your mad because you have noise when playing a note? think about that statement for a second. im just messin with you. if you are using pedals i would suggest a multi effects processor and sell your pedals. saves a lot of money in the long run and the processor usually comes with a noise reducer.

8. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    thanks , but the last on I had made even more noise
    thats y I got the pedals in the first place .

9. I'm a little confused by your question now... I thought it might be just the normal electricity hum which is caused by adaptors -- even the best built.... Have you tried powering your pedals with batteries for a while to see if the adaptor is the cause???

10. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    Well I think the noise comes out of the bass , ( I should go for another preamp , I guess )
    but you hear it more with pedals ( on/off )

My question was only about those noise reduction pedals , It seems to me now that they are only
    noice gates , not reduction !

thanks ,