Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Q: noice reduction .

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basswou, May 24, 2001.

1. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    Hi there

I'm looking for a way to reduce (treble) noice , the more effects I use , the more this noice gets amplified . The latest
    effect even create noice that's present when I just play a note .

my question : is the boss ns-2 any good ? or is it just a noice gate for killing noice when there's no signal ?

Other suggestions are welcome too .

thanks

2. How are you powering your effects????

3. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    I use a boss adaptor , I don't think the pedals are the cause of the noise . It seems to me they just amplified it .

4. I use my digitech bp8's noise gate. It blocks out any sound other than played notes, but sometimes cuts down on how long a note resonates.

5. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    thanks , but that's not what I meant . I have noise whenever I play a note. I was wondering if the boss NS 2 was any good at noise reduction , or is it just another noise gate ?

6. Oh, i see. I've never tried the NS-2 so i don't know if it would work. I thought you meant just normal string noise and buzz that occurs when your not playing. I guess i can't help you then.

7. ok lets see. your mad because you have noise when playing a note? think about that statement for a second. im just messin with you. if you are using pedals i would suggest a multi effects processor and sell your pedals. saves a lot of money in the long run and the processor usually comes with a noise reducer.

8. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    thanks , but the last on I had made even more noise
    thats y I got the pedals in the first place .

9. I'm a little confused by your question now... I thought it might be just the normal electricity hum which is caused by adaptors -- even the best built.... Have you tried powering your pedals with batteries for a while to see if the adaptor is the cause???

10. Basswou

Basswou

Apr 15, 2001
    Belgium
    Well I think the noise comes out of the bass , ( I should go for another preamp , I guess )
    but you hear it more with pedals ( on/off )

My question was only about those noise reduction pedals , It seems to me now that they are only
    noice gates , not reduction !

thanks ,