1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Q: Speaker cable connectors?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by arther daily, Sep 6, 2001.

  1. Amp to Speaker cable usually uses one fo three types of connector:

    1/4" jack
    3-pin connector

    ...and... what's the last one called?

    Those fat round plastuc ones that you dont get that often?

    Somebody please help me?
  2. Banana plugs (I think)
  3. Pacman

    Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  4. "Excuse me Sir can I have a look at your range of Banana Plugs?
  5. Found this.

    Keystone offers an expanded line of standard 0.175" (4,44mm) diameter and miniature 0.125 diameter (3,18mm) size Banana Plugs and Jacks in a variety of mounting configurations to suit most applications.
  6. well i didnt know that, so i've learnt summit. not the connector i meant tho...

    i just remembered i have a picky of the connector in the back of an amp... see attached. a female version of the type of connnector...
  7. Phat Ham

    Phat Ham

    Feb 13, 2000
    Those are speakons.
  8. brianrost

    brianrost Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts

    Those are Neutrik Speakon connectors.

    They are the new standard for high power connections. Banana jacks are going away because safety regs in Europe have banned them (exposed conductors).
  9. Oh, I see!

    I thought you were being bizarre!!!


Share This Page