Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Q-tron+, anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arjan, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Arjan

Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    I have this qtron+ and it distorts when I play through it, even if I turn the volume of the pickups down a lot (emg35-J's). Only on very low volume stettings it seems within proportions but then the volume is to low. Anyone else having this problem?

2. I don't own a q-tron,but look on the bottom of the unit to see if there is a door or small holes...if so there may be some mini-pots in there. some of the other EH pedals have internal gain controlls like the bass micro synth and bassballs.EH says that their effects are best used with single coil pup's,but can be used with humbuckers if the gain on the unit is tweaked..I had to do it with my BMS because the active single coil Barts would overload the input..check it out....if not,sorry,I can't help ya :confused:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I own one, and I don't have that problem unless I put a hot signal through it and have the Q-trons gain all the way to maximum. rekesbass's idea seems good, I'd check that. Is it new? can you get another?

4. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    from my experience q-trons dont like active electronics. I would look for those pots rekesbass was talking about.

5. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    I've got a Qtron+ and it never distorts even with an active bass. There may be something wrong with your unit (your Qtron, that is).

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My bass is active as well.

7. Chizzops

Chizzops

Oct 29, 2002
    There is most definately a hole somewhere on the back (jack!) or the bottom where a flathead SD can turn the gain. DO IT!