1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Q-Tron+ status LED?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by knobbin, Oct 20, 2009.

1. knobbin

knobbin

Jan 21, 2007
    Kingston, ON
    I've had a Q-tron+ for about a year now, it's a older trapazoid box from around the 90s i think? The bypass LED in the top left is always on when the power is plugged in. Do all trapazoid Qtron+ do this? I popped it open today and the LED is wired to a spot on the PCB board as opposed to the switch. I'm going to rewire it with a new true bypass switch, just thought it was wierd that it was always on...

2. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    I don't know about the Q-tron +, but my trapezoid Q-tron used to do it. It's rather annoying.

I recently put a 3DPT switch in mine, ran one new wire, and replaced the LED. Now the light comes on when the effect comes on.

If you want details, feel free to PM me.

Tim

3. yeah the older qtrons do that... according to EH adjust the gain so that when you play notes the other LED (overload maybe) lights up when to strike notes. Thats how you know if its on if you couldn't tell when playing it in a live setting. Of course the sound it produces is a matter of taste so adjust the knobs to your liking.