Q-Tron vs. Q-Tron+

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Aug 27, 2000.

1. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I've had my eye on an Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron for a while, as I want to experiment with some of those P-Funk bass sounds. I got to try one last week and was very impressed. I didn't buy it though, because I don't know how it compares to the Q-Tron+.

The Q-Tron+ features an in-built effects loop, and an additional rate control which affects the speed of the "swoop" of the filter.

Could anyone describe the differences between these two units when playing? Is the difference in price between the two justified?

2. I used to have a q-tron plus (got bored with it, but totally pissed of my gu**tar player which is a plus.) The only difference between the two is an effects loop and a switch. The effects loop is really cool because you can use a fuzz pedal at the same time and only have to stomp on one foot switch. The extra switch is a "response" switch. It has slow or fast setting. The fast setting is same sound as the q-tron. The slow speed is supposed to sound more like a mu-tron III but I've never had the chance to play one of those so I can't compare.<p>
    I think there is a new envelope filter by "MoogerFooger" that is supposed to be pretty cool. It's probably just as expensive as Electro- Harmonix so I would check it out, too.
  3. funkkky

funkkky Guest

Dec 22, 2006
    I thought the wah-wah sound didnt come as fast , when having the knob at slow response
  4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    i have a q-tron+. i think its the way to go. It's only ten bucks more, you get another knob option, and the added effects loop is great for overdrive or fuzz.

The added knob has slow (original setting on Q-Tron) and fast which is just that, faster response.

Q-Tron+ gets my vote.
  5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wow! Going back six years for this one! Wheee!
  6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    yowzer i didn't realize that. i wonder what funkkky was thinkkking?
  7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

talkbass = time warp!

8. GuzBaas

Oct 10, 2008

See you in 2018!!