Q-Tuners are good for NOTHING!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Verne Andru, Feb 18, 2005.

1. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    The magnetic draw on the Q-tuners is pretty strong, but closer proximity affords greater output.

I'd suggest you experiment with that as well to see at which point proximity starts to affect sustain then back them off some. Sorry I have no exact measurement for you.

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Mine arrived last nite- boy they are PURDY!!! Can't wait to get the bass to the point I can install them! :D

3. They sound better than they look. Are you having to wait days, weeks, months or years before you get to play?

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Probably months, I don't have my own wood shop, so I'm using a buddy's...he lives 60 miles away, and has a busy schedule, so it's not like I can just pop over. But I have another friend who has some stuff, a bandsaw, drill press, router, etc. He's a lot closer. I'll probably get to my MDF body mockup this weekend. :) The real deal will have to wait a couple weeks yet. I need major clampage for my core woods and top.

5. brorbjoern

brorbjoern

Jan 4, 2012

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021