Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Q's on Sansamp Bass DI...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by C_Flat, Aug 24, 2002.

1. C_Flat

C_Flat

Jan 29, 2001
    I just bought a (barely) used SBDDI without a manual or powersupply. A few Q's:

-can I power this thing with a Boss/Ibanez-style wallwart?

-what does the Phantom & Ground Connect switch do, and where do I set it to use the box as a pre-amp going into my Peavey Combo 300?

-would anyone care to share favorite settings?

-i can't find the Users Manual online - would anyone mind scanning theirs & emailing it or posting it? I'm at jkeller@cinci.rr.com & have a cable connection

Thanks,

Cb

2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    phantom power means: if the mixing board/console has phantom power it sends voltage out thru the XLR cable to power the DI box,translation- no need for a 9volt,you can use a 9 volt battery ,you have to remove the bottom cover ,i have the manual i will scan and post some settings....i find the ampeg svt setting works best for me..:D

3. C_Flat

C_Flat

Jan 29, 2001
    ...I'll be watching my inbox!

Tanx,

Cb:)

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    email tech21 and they will send you the manual in pdf form.

5. C_Flat

C_Flat

Jan 29, 2001
    ...I found the Tech21 website url via Google, but I guess their server is down, because I'm unable to connect to any of the links that turned up on Google.

I'll keep trying...

Cb

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Hey C_flat, I just noticed I still have the email that tech21 sent me with the manual attached. PM me your email addy so I can forward the email to you.

7. C_Flat

C_Flat

Jan 29, 2001
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can use a Boss 9V wall wart. My brother uses one for his GT-2.