1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

QSC 1450 into an 8ohm Aguilar DB210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adammazza, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm about to hookup a QSC 1450 to an Aguilar DB210. The cabinet is 8ohm and has an RMS of 350watt. The QSC will do either 280W or 900W in bridged mono. Was wondering which would be a better way to go?

Thanks

Adam

2. Me? I would go bridge mono but really watch that power. Stereo if you needed the other channel for say a monitor or something with a separate signal.

If you ever needed to add another cab on the fly (dark stage) it would simply be plug and play with your connections if you were already in bridge mono.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    If I were you I'd try it both ways and see which you like better. But remember your cab is ONLY a 210 it will get quite loud, but when it reaches its physical limits of speaker movement it will start to distort. if your running UN bridged you will cause the amp to distort if you try to go too loud also.

In the long run think about adding a cab and running bridged...IMO.

also make sure you set up your dip switches on the back of the amp... for parallel, clip limiter ON, LF filter ON at 50 or 30 depending on how loud you play. if you get distortion try setting the LF filter to 50. at least until you add another cab.