Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC 240V/120V switchable?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jan 20, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is it posible to switch a QSC PLX poweramp to work in Europe (240V)? Can I buy a used amp in USA and import it to Europe without problems?
    They are so damn expensive over here. And they rarely turn up used.

2. Hmm, I can't specifically help you, but from the impression I get, the American stuff seems to cost more alot more in Europe. I'm not sure if buying an american amp will be any cheaper.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It will be cheaper. Ive checked.;)

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Anyone?:(

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    No, they can't be switched. We can convert them from 120 to 230V (it costs about $30 USD, exclusive of shipping), and we also make them in 230V.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks Bob Lee!
    Could the convertion be made here in Sweden or does it have to be made at your factory in the USA?

All the great reviews in here have made me want a PLX so bad but Im just a poor student.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    To be legal--that is, conforming to CE regulations--the conversion has to be done by the QSC factory.

If you're set on ordering from a US retailer, ask for a 230V model to avoid the parts & labor charges for conversion. Not that we don't want your money, but you should keep your own as much as possible. ;)

Or shop around and buy locally. Buying used will save you some money. You might want to contact EM Nordic in Stockholm (QSC agent in Sweden) at +46 (8) 603-2300 for advice on which dealers might offer you better prices.