QSC amp and a(n) _______ preamp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4String_Ninja, Nov 4, 2000.

1. 4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm getting a used QSC 1500ab poweramp for $400 and I don't know what preamp to get. Can someone help me out and tell me the best ones and why they are good. Thanks alot!
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Try an Ampeg SVP-Pro. It's a tube preamp with all the essentials (EQ, XLR) with a street price less than $500. Does the overdrive thing if you're into that. Good for rock.
  4. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    go navigator.you'll love it.
  5. Ampeg SVP Pro or Alembic F-1X.
  6. geo?

Mar 29, 2000
    Okay, this thread is aptly timed. Due to some recent volume concerns, I'm switching amp set-ups and have decided upon a power amp / pre-amp configuration. I'm leaning strongly towards a crest power amp, but the pre-amp has me stumped. What are people's feelings on Aguilar pre-amps? Specifically the DB-659? I realize this is largely going to be opinion based...that's what I'm looking for!

7. I have a 659 and I love it. Simple controls, rich, full, smooth tone.
  8. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    ditto that on the aguilar db 659

i just got mine and the tone is like buttah!

(that buttah is giving me gas, though... for the db 680!)

[Edited by iloveloosey on 11-12-2000 at 06:21 PM]
  9. Peavey Max - I use one with a Mackie 1400i and like it very much.

10. eshiebesh

Aug 28, 2000
    I use a crown 2000, line 6 bass pod, and a PreSonus blue tube preamp.
    I cant say enough about it......

11. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I have had the SVP-PRO for awhile now and love it. Best preamp for the money, IMO. However, I also love the Navigator and the Aguliar's. If you have the money go for one of those. But the SVP-PRO goes for around $400(average price).
  12. Geo,

I am looking for another back up rig. I am selling my EdenWT500 and need another back-up. I'm thinking of the Aguilar 659 too. I like the Demeters, but not sure about a few things. I am very interested in Crest power amps. Which one are you getting if you don't already have it? I like tube amps, my main is Mesa 400+, but want a high end solid state for back up.