Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC/BBE/SCHROEDER vs MESA SCOUT WITH EXTENSION

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Sep 9, 2004.

1. which would be better?

competing against fender super reverb 4x10 all tube 50 watt guitar amp

and a very very very loud drummer

i know that the

QSC RMX 1450
    BBE B-MAX
    AND SCHROEDER 410 would be able to compete with this but will the scout???

i want a loud amp that can handle situations without a PA and also be pretty portable.

2. hi there, i recently changed my setup from a swr 750x /sansamp rbi with two 15" svt cabs to a mesa scout(12")
    and a mesa powerhouse (2x10), i play in a 3 piece power rock band with a very loud guitarist and equally loud drummer and i must say the mesa setup really cuts thru nice, much more definition and still have lots of headroom left. the mesa is money well spent, besides the fact that it is sooo light !
    i also jam with another band that has two guitarist, one with a 100 marshall combo and the other a loud fender twin, still no problem having my own space and volume is not a problem.
    neither band uses pa support...the mesa is also very easy to get whatever sound you want, from fat and bottomy to midrange growl and top end sizzle...i use a g&l l-2000, usa fender jazz(active), and an assortment of passive precisions, although i am starting to use my g&l more and more just because of it's versatility....i got tired of making multiple trips with my other rig etc. also the mesa can hold it's own by itself w'300 watts, with my powerhouse cab it is running at 2.67 ohmns and is loud enough for any gig, indoors or out, there are many posts about the scout not being able to handle a 2 ohm load but i have yet to get it very warm, i usually run it with the gain at 1:00 master on 3-5 and the eg's pretty much flat or cut....this combo rocks !!!!