QSC GX5 Bridged Inputs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Oct 1, 2010.

1. So I definitely need a new poweramp to replace my failing Carvin .... I should have never sold my original QSC ... ANYHOW!!!!

It seems from what I can tell the GX5 is perfect for me in terms of wattage, size, weight ... but it seems the inputs can't be bridged? I like that option so I don't have to use a Y cable for inputs. I don't run bridged and like to use both outputs .. so a basic stereo setup.

EDIT: Parallel inputs ... not bridged output!

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Santa Ana, Calif.
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The GX amps can't be operated in bridged mono.

If "bridge the inputs" actually means "parallel the inputs," you can use a Y cable to put one signal into both channels.

3. Yes, sorry ... my wrong terminology.

Not interested in bridged output.

Parallel inputs is what I'm referring to :bassist:

I know not wanting to use a "Y" cable seems stupid, I'm just used to a parallel switch.

Any suggestions for your other models? I do like the price of the GX5 ;)

4. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    If you can run balanced to the GX's channel 1, do that, and then connect the two unbalanced inputs (phone plugs) with a short guitar cord or patch/pedal cord.

5. Yeah I saw in the manual you can do that, but from my SansAmp that's my DI line ... and I need that for FOTH. The SansAmp actually has two, but one is dry (I never use that) and the other one is the SansAmp (affected) and I love that tone :hyper:

Maybe I'll just get over my aversion to a "Y" cable ... I just try to avoid more cables in my signal chain as much as possible.

6. Hmm, or wait ... could I go from the 1/4" output of my SansAmp (which is what I use now) to XLR via a cable? That wouldn't be balanced would it?

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Santa Ana, Calif.
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It wouldn't be balanced but you could still do that.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021