QSC GXD8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fast slapper, Feb 11, 2021.

1. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Just bought one of these for a shallow rack rig.

There's a lot to like about it. Good power even with one channel @ 8 ohms into a power hungry 15". Lightweight for the power. One channel kicks as hard or harder than a bridged Crest Prolite 2.0.

Simple to use dsp. Quiet near silent fan. Sounds as good as my other high quality amps. 6 year warranty.

Highly recommend it for any situation where you need good power in a rack. Not too pertinent these days but hopefully it will be for some.

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  2. Yummy Notes

Yummy Notes

Dec 20, 2019
    On the 1
    No pic? What is in front of the power amp? Are you using a pedal preamp, mic preamp?
    Sounds like you are liking it. :)

DaveDeVille likes this.
  3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    There's not much to see but I'll share a pic tonight :).

Tried it with my favorite pre the past few years, the Presonus RC500. The amp sounds the same as the PLD I've been using since 2017. I've used a Broughton Messenger, Grace Bix, Lehle Mixer(30v), Motu AVB, Hampstead Subspace, and a GK MB500.

QSC has really nailed down the sweet spot between quality and economics.

Yummy Notes and BasturdBlaster like this.
  4. Yummy Notes

Yummy Notes

Dec 20, 2019
    On the 1
    Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I almost went down the route of pedal to power amp to cab-- I definitely noticed the value aspect of QSC power amps as well as the versatility of being able to swap out the preamp for different sounds.

fast slapper likes this.
  5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    PXL_20210212_224203817.jpg

Test setup to make sure everything was working correctly. Also one of four Eminence 21" drivers. My PLD will now power(barely tickle) them for PA/garage stereo.

Attached Files:

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  6. Yummy Notes

Yummy Notes

Dec 20, 2019
    On the 1
    Very cool. :bassist:

fast slapper and BasturdBlaster like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022