Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC outlet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bob Lee (QSC), Jul 31, 2003.

1. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    QSC now has a factory outlet for C-stock amplifiers, loudspeakers, processors, etc. Everything for sale has been tested and verified to meet or exceed specs, and everything carries a one-year limited warranty.

You can see the goods at www.qscredtag.com.

2. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    So what's the catch?

What is C-stock?

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    C-stock gear is stuff that's been used--out on loan, demos, stuff like that. It can't be sold as new, and it may have cosmetic defects from being used, carried around, etc., but it's all been checked out to work 100%.

4. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    The next catch is I found the PLX1602 is not in stock. :D

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Check back periodically. That'll change from time to time.

6. if you click on order it lets you know they don't have any in stock...don't have much of any power amps in stock it seems.

7. Those prices are fantastic! :eek: Damn, I wish this outlet existed a few months ago when I was looking for a power amp; I could've saved $160 on my RMX1850HD! The stuff is even MUCH cheaper than it typically sells for on Ebay (I tracked a couple hundred auctions over several months...), and Ebay stuff doesn't have no freakin' 1-year warranty! Why oh why didn't this debut earlier? :bawl:

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Some super deals on PLX and RMS boxes. I wish this had been around about 2 years ago!!!

9. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    OK My curiosity got the better of me. What's B stock then? BTW, thanks for the avatar inspiration Bob.

10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Obviously, B stock is anything having to do with the Brooklyn Dodgers. ;)

BTW, I always enjoyed going to Mets games at Shea Stadium, especially when they played the Dodgers. You'd see a sea of blue "B" caps. Diehard fans. Gotta love that spirit.

People in sales can describe B stock to incredible detail. I'm not in sales, so I'll do my best. B stock is merchandise that is returned from a dealer and although the box was opened the gear doesn't show any signs of wear or having been used. The stuff might've been used briefly, but at least someone was careful not to inflict any damage on it. B stock is typically used for replacement units when the need arises.

11. Question: As someone new to the power amp/pre-amp strategy. If I were to go that route, what should I look for in a power amp? Which of these QSC amps are recommended for using in a bass rig? I don't need huge power and I don't want too heavy a rig.

Thanks

12. For a bass rig, I'd say RMX and PLX series are the ones to look at.

13. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I see a 3402 in my future :D. Man, those prices are great. I could get a 3402 for less than a new RMX2450, which is what has been my prospect.

So Bob, how cosmetically screwed up are these amps? I mean, if I were to order the 3402 for 590 or whatever it is, is it going to be bleached white, scratched to all hell, and have to rack rails? :rolleyes:

14. I knew that this was too good to be true. :(

Absolutely none of the PLX or RMX series are in stock. I didn't even bother checking the others. :(

15. Great deals abound, but stock is kinda thin. I experimented a bit and couldn't find any item at all that was in stock, except the speaker mounting accessories which are part of the regular online store and not the red tag C stock.

Maybe with some patience...

Bob, you guys have to let more PLX and Powerlites out on demonstration.

I love my QSC amps.

Aloha,

Jonathan

16. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    This sounds like the way to go if you have (a) patience and (b) persistence.

Time to wait, but time to check the site 2-3 times a day until you find one.

17. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Man!.....those prices are great! I have two PLX amps now.......maybe I need another;) I would just keep checking if I was in the market for a PLX.......great amps!!!!

18. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    The site just opened up, so there's inventory still being catalogued to be added. Over the next week or two you should see more stuff coming up on it. We started the site because dealers weren't buying the C-stock fast enough, and it was gradually building up. ;)

19. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Is this going to be a limited time thing?

20. Bob-

Please thank your folks over there for opening up this resource to us low enders.

I have 4 PLX units now which I use in various capacities, and I could use a few more to replace my old Stewarts, Mackies and Ramsas.

Not only is your product superb, but QSC support and attitude is the best.

How do the Powerlite and Powerlite 2 series compare with the PLX units?

Aloha,

Jonathan