QSC outlet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bob Lee (QSC), Jul 31, 2003.

1. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    No, although the quantities will rise and fall time to time. We've got so many different products now that there's probably always going to be something.

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Hi Jonathan,

The PowerLight and PowerLight 2 amps are made specifically for touring and large sound systems. There's nothing wrong with using them for instrument amps, except that you'd probably be paying for extra features you don't need.

The PowerLight 2 amps are most similar to the PLX amps, except for some added features. In terms of performance, they would be practically identical.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    woah, Bob, you're starting to slightly show your age... ;)

but thx for the heads up, and thx to QSC for offering such an opportunity!

4. Before moving to Maui, I used to work for, and eventually owned a sign company in NYC called Artkraft Strauss. We built and maintained the scoreboards at Shea, and I spent many months there personally running the installation of the large Video screen.

Every year on opening day (and whenever I chose) I would enjoy the games from the maintenance station inside the big scoreboard or up in the press booth where the programming was done.

Your right, the Dodger games were always a great treat. And the Mets organization was a joy to work for, much nicer than Steinbrenner & the Yankees.

Aloha,

Jonathan

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    that's just freakin' awesome... :cool:

6. I now see my old and heavy USA series power-amps getting replaced real soon. PLX here we come.:D

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    This is awesome information, Bob. I've been wanting to add another PLX to my PA so I can get rid of my boat anchor that's in there now. ;)

8. The question remains Bob, when can we expect to see amps appear on this wonderful site?

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Holland, MI
    Everytime I've been there, there has been amps for sale... maybe you're catching them at the wrong time.

10. yeah, but when you order them, they are not in stock, i was just curious

11. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    It says they don't ship outside the US, is there any way to get them to ship to Canada??

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

B-Stock is another designation for refurbished! Stuff that just doesn't work right when you buy it and you take it back for a refund or exchange? Well, that stuff goes back to the manufacturer to be refurbished or rebuilt and tested and sent back for resale. But they can't sell it as new and must let you know it's B-stock but many stores don't do that!!

13. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    I could've saved close to $300.00 on my new PLX2402 amp!:bawl: Thanks anyway for the info, Bob. I know where to look if I'm in the market for a new amp.:cool:

P.S. My new amp sounds great, I use it with an Ampeg SVP-BSP preamp and 2 Ampeg BXT410HL 4 ohm cabs in stereo mode. Thanks to the folks at QSC for a great amp at an affordable price.:)

14. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
  15. XPshychoticXPyr

XPshychoticXPyr Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV
    The link to the QSC page that bob put up dosnt work for me :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I wanna see it!!!

-Vince

16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Sorry, the qscredtag site was taken down. :bawl:

Our dealers and reps objected to it, but maybe this means they'll finally get on the stick and buy the C-stock stuff we were trying to clear out. ;)

If you're interested in buying C-stock gear, talk to your QSC dealer.

17. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Link seems to be down. I get an error today. 09-05-03 at 3:15PM MT.

18. "If it sounds good, it is good."
    -Duke Ellington

More like: If it sounds too good to be true......

19. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    I never found anything I was looking for to be in stock anyway . . .

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whew! In a way, I'm kind of glad they shut it down. There was no doubt in my military mind that a PLX 3402 would show up on the site the day after I bought that new one. The 3402 is seeing service for the first time tomorrow driving all the monitors at an outdoor gig. I hope we don't splatter cone fibers all over ourselves.