1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

QSC PLX 1202 Rattle; How to remove the cover?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RSalvador, Sep 27, 2009.

1. RSalvador

RSalvador Lakland 44-94 - Markbass LMT 800 - Schroeder 1212L

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    I have a QSC PLX 1202 that rattles badly. I've search as much as I can find. I found a thread that shows there is hope for eliminating the rattle, but I can't get the cover off.

Feel pretty dumb I can't see any more screws that allow it to come off. The cover is loose and lifts partially from the back but it seems to be still attached in the front, but I can't see how.

Help please.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If it's like my 3002, there are two screws on the sides in the front that don't look like they attach to the lid but they do. Hope that helps :)

3. RSalvador

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Thanks, it must be different I took every screw off the side and enough in the back to get the cover to lift up enough to peek inside. But the front part of the cover seems attached to the front panel with no visible way to get the front off or get the cover loose from the front.

I'm sure there is some trick you have to know.

4. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Flip it over. Those QSC amps are built "upside down". The bottom comes off.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Been there, done that. Once you get the bottom cover off, there's a huge-ass heatsink with a loosely fitted cardboard-like composite heatshield which may be the source of the rattle. I placed a couple strips of self-adhesive foam on the inside of the bottom hatch. It improved things dramatically. FTR, I was unable to locate any other culprits within the chassis....QSC products are built tightly!

Riis

6. RSalvador

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Got it!!!!

I was there but just afraid to force it. There is a sort hinge on the front, so once all the screws are out I just needed to go ahead and pull the cover upward from the rear.

Thanks for the input! Now for the vibration dampering.