1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

qsc plx 1802

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've run both a 1602, and 2402, bridged, into my Schro junk:
    1210R, 1212R, 1212L, 410R, 410L.

I feel that "you really can't have too much headroom," as long as you "don't turn the sumbitch all the way up and whip the tar out of it, indiscriminately."

Large amounts of clean headroom make even soft notes sound more substantial.

3000 watts into a 1400 watt rated cab...?
    That's just more money than I need to spend to be happy; not a sonic problem, just a fiscal problem. For me anyway...

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    +1 to everything you said Alan. I used the 2402 into my 1210 because I could, not because I needed to.:cool:

And to the OP: I tried my 1802 bridged into my 21012L a few times, and it seemed like a really good match to me.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    FWIW; I also use them two qsc's with an aggie db680.

The combination of Nav or 680 "warm/round/tubey'' when paired with the qsc's fast, clean ss power...well, that seems to work out really well.

4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    nice.

thanks for the info.

so i'll be looking the qsc route then.

3002 is just too much money. a 1602 or 1802 would be perfect for me i think.

5. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    M, I PM'd you.

I just bought one of those 1802s...but I don't think I need it afterall. I've had a QSC 2402 and 3002 and still own a CA-9 but I think my needs may be better served by the 1804.