QSC PLX 1804!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassballs27, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Wow, I just have to say, this is an amazing power amp that I should have tried years ago.

For the longest time I thought I needed more power after owning an QSC PLX 2402 for like 12 years and was using a 1/4" to 1/4" connection to an Eden Navigator. That was a big mistake. I should have at least been using a mono TS to XLR connection, it would have drove the amp with a higher gain.

And after owning both a QSC 3002 and 3402 recently, the 1804 to me works much better.
    That input sensitivity of 1.2V, no bridging (because who really needs to bridge 3000W at 4 ohms into one cab?) The 900W at 4 ohms per channel is devistating. I love it. Tons of headroom and great clarity. And at 13 lbs.....man what an amp.

I just picked up an Aguilar DB750 and man does that amp rock.
    But the QSC seems to offer a little more clarity as it's much dead flat.....so your preamp matters.

It was interesting running the preamp out from the DB750 into the PLX 1804.....got a different sound. I liked it!

It's fun playing around with amps. Just thought I'd share this post for anyone still messing around with rack gear.

AlexanderB likes this.
  2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I've owned quite a few QSCs and the 1804 was by far my favorite for bass rig duty.

31HZ likes this.
  3. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    Another "happy camper" here. Stepping up from an LMII to a rack mount pre + PLX1804 is quite dramatic... The way the lows slam down with authority can almost be TOO much, when standing up close to the cab!

bassballs27 likes this.
  4. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Awesome. It's so stellar. Lead sled worthy for size and weight for sure.

AlexanderB likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 8, 2021