Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC PLX or RMX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MorganM, Sep 11, 2002.

1. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    My next purchase is definately going to be a QSC power amp.
    I'm not sure what the main difference between the RMX 2450 and the PLX 2402 is.

I will be using the preamp from my Ampeg B-5R and a SVT-610HLF(rated 600W RMS)

They both have enough power in one channel to give it power and about an extra 100-150 watts of headroom.

The PLX costs a good deal amount more and I was wondering if it offered any advantages for bass as oposed to the RMX.

Thanks

2. qsc amps have a great reputation, that's all we use in our pa (4000w mains, 700 w monitors).

the rmx is about 600$ and weighs 44.5 lbs,

the plx is about 900$ and weighs 21 lbs.

i doubt that the sonic differences are significant. you may look at the features of each (filtering, bridging, i/o jack options, etc.)

the weight issue is worth considering if you gig alot, unless someone else trams your gear for you!!!

(we pack our own gear in/out of clubs every weekend. the plx is a favorite cuz it weighs nothing!!)

3. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    another this is I found a place to get the RMX 2450 for $460.00 new from a reliable online store. (free shipping I think also.)

4. The PLX is the obvious choice because it has futuristic flashy LEDs that make you feel like your on Star-Trek.

5. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    Beam me up Scotty! :D

6. davy o and morgan m...

stop making me laugh, this is a very anal-retentive and serious post about power amps....

(dammit to hell, still laughing...)

:D

7. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    I just can't do it Captain, I don't have the power!

8. "i love ya...always have"

Baseketball anyone?
    :D

nevermind :rolleyes:

*Si*

9. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Dude!! ;)