Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MorganM, Sep 11, 2002.

1. MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    My next purchase is definately going to be a QSC power amp.
    I'm not sure what the main difference between the RMX 2450 and the PLX 2402 is.

I will be using the preamp from my Ampeg B-5R and a SVT-610HLF(rated 600W RMS)

They both have enough power in one channel to give it power and about an extra 100-150 watts of headroom.

The PLX costs a good deal amount more and I was wondering if it offered any advantages for bass as oposed to the RMX.

2. qsc amps have a great reputation, that's all we use in our pa (4000w mains, 700 w monitors).

the rmx is about 600$ and weighs 44.5 lbs,

the plx is about 900$ and weighs 21 lbs.

i doubt that the sonic differences are significant. you may look at the features of each (filtering, bridging, i/o jack options, etc.)

the weight issue is worth considering if you gig alot, unless someone else trams your gear for you!!!

(we pack our own gear in/out of clubs every weekend. the plx is a favorite cuz it weighs nothing!!)
  3. MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    another this is I found a place to get the RMX 2450 for $460.00 new from a reliable online store. (free shipping I think also.)
  4. The PLX is the obvious choice because it has futuristic flashy LEDs that make you feel like your on Star-Trek.
  5. MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    Beam me up Scotty! :D
  6. davy o and morgan m...

stop making me laugh, this is a very anal-retentive and serious post about power amps....

(dammit to hell, still laughing...)

7. MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    I just can't do it Captain, I don't have the power!
  8. "i love ya...always have"

Baseketball anyone?

nevermind :rolleyes:

9. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Dude!! ;)