TRADED QSC PLX Power Amps - 3002 and 3402 - Looking for TRADES!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassballs27, Feb 25, 2017.

1. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Price:
    QSC has built amazing amps for years, but the PLX series is known to some for a very very long time as being ultra reliable, true to whatever you put into them, and lightweight for the most part.

These power amps are capable of levelling buildings in the rights hands.

By using a 1/4" Mono or TRS to XLR Cable to many of the old school rack preamps (or even the new ones) you will be surprised at how clear your bass tone will become with one of these.

I've been using the QSC PLX series for 15 years. Had a 2402 for 12 years as recommended by Lord Valve way back in the day (maybe I'm showing my age)

Anyway, I've acquired these PLX amps over the past few years and really only need to keep one, so I've decided to offer them up for trade to see if I can snap some more preamps....or possible a dedicated bass amp. We'll see.

Many people have wondered by I always accept trades as oppose to cash, well, cash isn't much fun for the most part. I prefer to work with market value and talkbass is the market place for that.

I am capable of shipping these amplifiers virtually anywhere Canada Post will delivery. I only use a trackable service, never parcel post. FedEx may be another option, but I actually prefer Canada Post who has connections with USPS priority mail.

Send in your trade offers and we can go from there.....I'm mainly looking for more rack mount preamps (you see what I already have - Yamaha PB1, EBS-1 Classic V2, and a Demeter HP-1) but may consider other bass gear (amps, cabs, but no power amps obviously, got enough!)

Seriously thinking of getting rid of your SVT or upsizing from a small Class D head?
    They're 21 lbs each, fairly light for what you get out of them. Plus they have both Speakon and 1/4" banana outputs. So, not only are these great for bass.....try them with a PA......or even a home theatre! Can't do that with a bass rig either. ;)

Here's my bass rig of epicness.......mind you I can only use one power channel of one of the PLXs at the moment (or use one bridged) into my one and only bass cab which is a Bergantino HD410. The Unity unit on top was for some Unity 215 PA cabs I just sold.....so that isn't bass related.

Crazy to think I actually have 3 monster bass rigs with option of 6 separate amps.
    I could actually hook up four (4) 4 ohm cabs to each one.....or eight (8) 8 ohm cabs....nuts.
    The HD410 sounds magnificent through any of these power amps with either preamp I have shown.

Any questions, just get in touch!

20170228_214543_zpsvjnjfgo3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Getting some local interest in these.....but no takers.

3. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    QSC PLX 1602 and SKB 6 Space rack sold locally.

PLX 3002 and 3402 still available.

I have an EBS-1 Classic Preamp up for sale too if someone is looking for a killer rig.

I may have a 4 space rack I could put with it.....

4. gnergaard

gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Are either of these amps capable of bridge- mode operation?

5. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Both are.

3000W at 4 ohms and 3400W at 4 ohms.

-Chris

6. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Bump!

7. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    TRADED LOCALLY

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022