Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC PLX price drop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by millard, Feb 6, 2006.

1. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I guess the new PLX2 or something else is replacing it, so you can pick up a new PLX series and get a 6 year warranty at a very cool price. On my way to Guitar Center (yeah, I know) later this week.

Of course, the QSC building is about a half-mile down the street -- sure wish I could just drop in and buy it there.

Millard

2. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    well.... i wish, but,

there is no price drop!!:meh:

we will be watching.....:eyebrow:

3. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Can you order from MF?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live/Sound/Power/Amps?sku=481559

I got an email/circular from MF and/or Guitar Center talking about the price drops on the PLX line post NAMM. You can get a 3402 now for under $900 and a 2402 for under $700. That's still a lot of scratch, but if you've ever lifted an RMX series, you know you need a PLX. ;)

Millard

4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I got my 2402 for under $700 a year and a half ago...

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Before you drop the coin on one from the original series, be sure to check the specs and price on the new PLX1804. More power than the 2402 at 4 or 8 ohms, 8 pounds lighter, shallower in the rack, and considerably less money. The only drawback I can see is that it won't do 2 ohm stereo, or bridged mono of any flavor.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I will remind you that Northern Sound and Light blows everyone else clean out of the water on QSC prices. You owe it to yourself to call them for their price.

7. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    You can find lightly used PLX 2402s on Ebay for @ $500.

8. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    The old PLX version are nifty and will fit real nice into that recently accquired stuff you gots... |-)

9. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    The PLX2 is certainly attractive, but there's nothing at all wrong with the original PLX. I love my 2402.

10. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I just lifted my RMX 1850HD last night at rehearsal. That's why I bought the PLX 2402 for my main rig!

11. Passinwind

I have a 2402 myself, it's a fine amp and I'll probably hang on to it since it's paid for and going down in resale value rapidly now. I haven't priced the bridge-capable PLX2s yet, but the 1804 is an absolutely smoking deal for those of us who like to run 2 channel setups, at least on first blush.

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I'll second that...

13. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Hi, Charlie. Thanks for the heads-up. I specifically want to run parallel/stereo and I wanted 600W per channel. And anything that makes the rack box easier to lift is a good thing.

Munji: Thanks for the tip on Northern. I have an RFQ into them already.

I guess I won't be heading over to Gutiar Center just yet...

Millard

14. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

If I can, I will . . . cutting my power amp weight pretty much in half (from my DCM-1000) in roughly the same form factor is a win-win for me. I'm waiting for the RFQ from NSL, too.

15. Passinwind

NSL is where I got my quote from. If 550 watts a side at 4 ohms works for you, there's the 1104 to factor in as well.

16. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I've found NSL to respond very quickly to phone calls. For one or two items at a time, that's what I'd recommend.