Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC power amp paralell inputs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pickles, Apr 3, 2005.

1. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Can I use the parallel input mode on my QSC PLX to run two different preamps (with different basses)? Or is it for something different?

2. Parallel mode is not intended to use the two separate inputs at the same time. It is meant to send the same signal to both power sections regardless of which "one" input you are using.

I'm not sure but I think you can cause damage to your electronics if you are sending a signal into both inputs in parallel mode. You can use a preamp into one input and use the other to send the signal to another power source.

3. If you're trying to run each preamp on a different side of the poweramp, run it in stereo mode. That gives you two different inputs, and different poweramp gain controls for each of them to control the volume.

4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I want to run the amp in stereo, sending the same signal to two different cabs. I want that signal to come from two different sources (not at the same time).

I guess I need a mixer or ABY unit.