Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC Power Lite 1.0

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Corallo, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I've been making up my mind about buying a new power amp. I found a used PowerLight 1.0 (it is light) for $399 (325watts per side at 4 ohms, 1000 watts bridged). Anyone have any experience with this amp? I'd be using it with my SVP - Pro and an Ampeg PR1832HE (600 watts max - 1200 watts peak)

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    QSC stuff is near bulletproof, and the Powerlight series is their flagship line. That's a small Powerlight (the top of the line is the 9.0!), so don't expect miracles on the volume front, but it should be able to handle anything you throw at it.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What's it rated at at 8 ohms, per side, and bridged? Thanks.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    What's the difference between the Powerlight and PLX series?

5. The Powerlight series came first--the PLX stuff uses the same technology but weighs more and costs a little bit less money.

6. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    See the specs here.

Turns out the 1.0 is the baby of the line!

7. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I ended up buying the 1.0 and used it Saturday night and Sunday. I ran it bridged (1000 watts @ 4 ohms) and it had plenty of power. Besides the headroom I have now, it weighs only 18 pounds and takes up 2 rack spaces!!!

Although it is the baby of the line, the power is comparable to the QSC RMX 1450, PLX 1202, DCM 1000, etc. etc. Its very quiet and I can really here my B string. Thanks for your comments.