QSC RMX 1450 or 1850HD?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by babyhuey, Oct 4, 2005.

1. babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm look at power amps right now to go with a SVP-PRO. I need something to run at 4ohms bridged. The cab its going to be pushing for right now is a SVT-410HLF. So having enough wattage won't be an issue with either of these. My main concern is heat from bridging at 4ohms. The 1850HD is supposed to do a better job at this but is the RMX1450 good enough? I really don't want my power amp to shut off in the middle of a gig because its overheating.

At first, I was thinking about a Behringer EP1500 :bag: but I don't think I could get over the guilt of buying such a blatant copy of the RMX series.

I appreciate your help.
  2. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    i have a 1450 with a rbi, it's loud as hell.
  3. babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    Do you run it 4ohm bridged?
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I think the 1850HD is worth the small price difference.
  5. babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005

is it too much for a svt-410hlf?
  6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Definitely not. You can always turn it down but if you get an amp that's too small you will be SOL.

There's no such thing as too much power, only power used unwisely.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The RMX 1850HD will give you a bit more power and headroom and costs a bit more.

It's true that it's better to have more power than you need than to not have enough. But it's also wise to not grossly overestimate how much power to get, because then you'd just be spending money that you could've kept or used for other things.
  8. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    yes i do, when using one cab.
  9. username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I am using a behringer ep1500 to power my ampeg svp pro into a 4 ohm cabinet. This amp is not capable of bridging into 4 ohms as it will over heat and shut down after about an hour or so. I ended up just running one side of the power amp to power my 4 ohm cab. That works fine and the power amp is a good amp when not taken down to 2 ohms a side or 4 ohm bridged. Beware of companies lying about what their amps are capable of doing. I wished i would have spent my money on an amp that was capable of a 4 ohm bridge mode.
  10. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    QSC PLX models were going at deep discounts a while back because the PLX2's had just come out. Two nice things about the PLX's: Very light weight (low 20's) and good down to 2 ohms on a channel (not sure the RMXs will do that).
  11. Another point in favor of the 1850HD is that it is designed to operate with a 2 ohm load. This is the net result of 4-ohm bridged.