1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

QSC RMX 1850D with a Sansamp BDDI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davidmurphy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Mentioned this combination on another thread Someone said the RMX's require more power than most power amp & that the BDDI might not be powerful enough but he wasn't sure.
    I had been looking at an SVT 6 Pro but this option will work out cheaper (& easier to pick up 2nd hand).

2. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    There is a thread in the Effects Forum about boosting the level on the XLR out on the Sansamp. Maybe that helps.

3. Thanks Gillento,
    I've looked at loads of those threads. Tech 21 say the new BDDI (with the 3 switches) will probably be ok to run with a power amp but I may need some additional gear to boost the power, depending on the amp's requirements.
    Have decided that I'm far too ignorant to get involved with such technical stuff. Think I'll just get the SVT 6 Pro & the 810E (should be plenty of power, no?) & maybe pick up a BDDI in a while & start messing with power amps then.

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    The SansAmp RBI or RPM might be perfect for you.

5. Yeah, I've read a bit about the RBI.
    The main problem is that I'm finding it difficult to get cheap 2nd hand stuff.
    I'm in Ireland where the 2nd hand market for good gear is limited to say the least. Even most sellers on the UK's Ebay don't want to ship anything heavy (i.e. power amp's, head's...)
    Think I'd end up having to buy the power amp & the RBI new which would work out about the same price as the 6 pro.

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    The RMX 1850HD has an input sensitivity of 1.16V.

That's the output required of whatever you plug into it that the amp needs to reach its rated power.

If you have a bass with its own high-output onboard preamp and then run that into the BDDI, you might be OK.

I believe that the BDDI Programmable has enough output for the QSC amps (at least I've heard people on TB say so).

7. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    You could always find an EQ or maximizer/compressor or something that will make your input/output match better.

8. Was on to Tech 21.
    They reckon the new BDDI's with the 3 switches should work fine with the RMX 1850D.
    They weren't so confident about the older version.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021