QSC RMX 850/rack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dave, Nov 11, 2005.

1. SOLD

Ok, now that KPJ's is gone, I can put mine up (didn't want to give competition or anything).

I have a RMX 850 and I also had the warranty upgraded to 6 years. This amp is about 9 months old, but hasnt been used the last 3 months, was thinking about saving it for a bigger rig, but Ive decided against it. It has always been racked, never punished or pushed hard, only for coffee house gigs and Sunday morning church services. Its is just not being used since I downsized my rig from a rack rig to a Mesa Walkabout. It has slight bit of rack rash on the top, but nothing major. I can get some pics within a day or two if any interest shows.

I have it in a Grundorf 4 space rack case. One of the latches' screws got ripped out that holds the lid on, but it is definitely fixable for very cheap, I just haven't gotten around to it. I can either ship the amp by itself, or included it in the rack case for a little extra, if you want to fix it, again a very easy fix. I believe if you just squirted some epoxy in the holes then screwed them back in, itd be ok. I might suggest moving the handle from the from lid to maybe the side, whatever you want to do.

Im asking $200 plus shipping for the amp, add $30 for the rack. I also have a 3' speakon cable wired for bridge use that I got from Pro Cables 'n Sound that I can include for another $12.

EDIT: The shipping will be between 30 and 60ish, depending where in the US you are.

I may be interested in the right trade, make an offer.

Thanks for looking,

2. What type of rack is it? (carpet or Flite?) If the whole group doesn't sell soon i'll buy the amp and cable from ya at least.
  3. The rack is the Mighty Mite carpeted rack. It was in the neighborhood of $60 I believe.
  4. Just to let you know, I found the email from when it was bought. It is almost 9 months old to the day, sorry about that.
  5. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
  6. I have a couple decent ones that I can put up when I get home, but Im going to borrow a friends camera and take some tonight if Im not up too late recording. But Ill definitely get a couple up later tonight.

7. also, because i'm cheap, are you also open to trades?

just wondering, i'd like it regardless, i just need to check with some people first...
  8. Its possible, what do you have in mind? If its something Im really interested in thats a little more, I might throw in some money towards it.
  9. These are some crappy shots I have from when I was selling the Ampeg. I wasnt able to get the camera tonight, hopefully tomorrow.

10. I see the stupid typo i put up there now. I meant the RACK and cable :rollno: i'm so dumb sometimes. I'm the one who bought the RMX 850 from KPJ :oops:

If the whole group doesn't sell i'll at least by the RACK (lol). I'd be willing to toss in some extra cash if you were willing to fix it before shipping as well. I'll give it a couple more weeks to see if anyone snatches it up.

BTW, the 850 is built like a TANK!!
  11. bassksun

bassksun Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Las Vegas,NV
    D*** these holidays! If it's still around after I do the holiday shoplifting...I'm all in; rack and amp.
  12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Does the amp have a fan? If it's quiet, I may be in.
  13. It does have a fan, a quite powerful one I might add thats nearly silent. I believe most speaker hiss is substantially louder than this fan is. You really dont know its on other than the lights and the air rushing out the front of it. Its possible though, I guess, that I never pushed it hard enough to make it need to turn the fan up, if it has variable speeds on it. But as far as I know, it doesn't so it should be nearly dead silent for you.

Pic: http://www.qscaudio.com/images/hi_res/product_shot/rmx1850_bk.jpg
  14. Have one in line, not going going to be sure for the next few days. Anyone interested can just form a line behind the doctor.
  15. bassksun

bassksun Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Las Vegas,NV

The holiday shopping will be over soon.