QSC RMX series?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 28, 2002.

1. How are the QSC RMX series poweramps? How is the sound quality? How do they compare to the PLX series? All info on the RMX, specifically 1450, would be appreciated.
  2. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I just got the RMX 1850HD. I don't yet have the cabs I intend to drive with it, so I can't comment on how clean it sounds. I did hook it up to my stereo (briefly) and it sounded OK, considering the stereo speakers are already toast!

However, if you look at the test results that Pro Audio Review ran on an RMX 2450 last year, you can see it definitely beats the specs by a wide margin.

The RMX series is definitely nowhere near as light as the PLX. My 1850HD weighs a hefty 45 lbs! That's the bad news. The good news is it's nowhere near as expensive as the PLX either. The RMX has most of the same features as the PLX: individual clip limiters and 30/50 Hz filters per channel, parallel or bridge mode.

Check out Lord Valve's prices. I got my 1850HD for $455 including shipping! He's also got good prices on the PLX series, but his RMX prices are a real steal.
  3. what is lord valve's website?
  4. Other than the weight, they are great. I owned an RMX and was completely happy with it.