QSC RMX1450 and avatar B212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nickalan620, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Just a quick question. I have an Avatar B212 (4 OHMS) which is rated to handle 1000 watts RMS and i am going to be getting a QSC RMX1450 Power Amp that is rated at 1,400 watts at 4 OHMS bridged. My question is can the B212 handle the 1400 watts at 4 ohms bridged or will it damage the speakers?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    It'll be fine. Just don't run it with everything dimed full up. Your ears will tell you when the speakers are starting to stress, you'll hear the distortion. When you do, just back off a little.

Remember, an amp capable of 1400 watts usually doesn't even push half of that amount to the speakers during normal use - unless you have everything turned up to max - and I guarantee you that with that poweramp, you'll probably never do that anyway!

Enjoy your headroom!
  3. scraig

Apr 15, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    I take it that you are using a single cabinet with this amp - no 1x15. Are you satisfied with the sound with the Avatar B212?
  4. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    not to hijack this thread or anything, but scraig, i have the b212 and an sb115 (both 8ohm cabs), together sound great. but as for your question as to how the b212 sounds alone... great! simple as that. i sometimes wish i had gotten the 4 ohm cab, but i thought being able to mix and match avatar cabs would be fun. i'm planning in getting a b210 soon.
    the b212 makes a nice investment. especially since they are going for $249 right now.
  5. Scraig, the B212 is a great stand alone cab but i feel it reacts more like a 15 than a cab with 10's. I get awsome lows but not enough punch. I am thinking about adding a 2X10 or 4X10 avatar after i get my new poweramp. :hyper:
  6. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    212 and 410 is fun...especially with 2400 watts.
  7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    No worry as long as you don't get carried away with boosting the low end and listen carefully to the cab.
    I suggest using the power amp's clip limiter to be more on the safe side.
  8. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    im thinking about getting the 2x12 and adding my 2x10 to it. i think that should give me some great tones. highs and lows. its no 4x10 though.

and i would run it somewhere around 1400 watts. so that should really make it sing!

9. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    As you can see what I have in my signature...both cabs are 8 ohms...right now I'm bridged at 4 ohms/2400 watts...if I unplug just one of the cabs at the binding post...would that allow one cab to run at 1400 watts at 8 ohms???

I've read the manual but my moronic brain gets confused easily.