Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC RMX1450 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Luigi, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Luigi

Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    NorCal
    Is it possible to do this?

Say I have two basses, each using their separate pre-amp. I have one going into Channel 1 input of the RMX1450, and the other one in the other channel. If I want to use a single a single cabinet either in bridge mode or through one output, what should the configurations switches look like. Is this possible, or am I nuts? It sounds like it could work, but I don't want to experiment and blow up my amp. Thanks

2. Luigi

Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    NorCal
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The method that you describe would require two cabinets.

When you bridge the amp, you only use Channel 1's input.

To use two preamps with one channel, you'd need to either use a small mixer between the preamps and the power amp (I've done this with my little Behringer mixer and it works great), run the output of one preamp into the effects return of the other preamp (if you can do that) or get an A/B switch that you would plug both preamps into and run a cable from the switch to the poweramp.

Good luck!

4. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Perhaps if you PM Bob Lee (QSC) and ask if you can run the power amp in the parallel mode and plug your preamps into the inputs for Channels 1 and 2 but connect only one speaker to Channel 1 if that would work.

That's not how the manual describes the parallel mode, but it does cause the input jacks for Channels 1 and 2 to become interconnected.

I'm not sure how your two preamps would like having their outputs interconnected though...

5. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

how about running the amp stereo, a preamp into channel 1, a different preamp into channel 2, into two different cabs? that's possible right?

and using an A/B box from my bass to both preamps to switch back and forth.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sure that would work, but Luigi specifically stated that he wanted to use only one cabinet.

7. Luigi

Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    NorCal
    Thanks BillyB, it looks like that's the only way it would work. I read through the manual again and it looks like I can use only one input if I want to bridge it or use only one of the channel's outputs. Well, I got a small mixer already, but I think that may color my sound so maybe an A/B switch would be better. Thanks again.