Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

qsc usa 850 - any comments

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by contrabassie, Jan 27, 2006.

1. contrabassie

contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Someone did me an offer for a QSC USA 850 for 200 euro (that should be 243 USD)

I'll combine it with my bass pod xt live and my two eden cabs (4x10 and 1x15).

Would that qsc be a good choice?

2. contrabassie

contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    Belgium
    I've heard here some nice things about the qsc's, but are the USA series any good?
    Would you recommend them as a poweramp for bass, using with a bass pod xt live?

3. I can't comment on that specific amp but I bought a used QSC USA 900 2 years ago and it has been a reliable workhorse. It was obviously beat up when I got it ( scratches, broken banana jack ) and it fell from my speaker cab to a concrete floor twice and still works great.

I can't compare it directly to other power amps but it seems to produce a clean full range of signal. I've tested it with PA monitors and a music CD and it performed admirably.

With all that said I don't think you can go wrong with a QSC power amp in your bass rig.