Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC usa series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I've got the same amp and it seems to do the job pretty well. I bridge it to run my 410 and use just one channel to run my 210. I paid $250.00 for it on Ebay and that seems to be the price range you'll find these in. Not nearly as many features as a Mackie 1400, but has good clean power. The only thing I don't like is the gain knobs on the back.

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    We just discontinued the USA series a few months ago because the RMX line had really taken over for us in the entry-level segment of the market because the prices are lower and the performance more up-to-date.

Still, the USA amps were decent performers, so if you need an amp and you find one used for a good price, it might be a good acquisition. They were based on the Series One amps, which were and still are very popular in cinemas around the world, as well as other general applications.

3. That's for the information Pre EB and Bob Lee! I wasn't expecting help right from the source!:)

4. Mr. Lee, I notice they didn't mention the 850 in the USA series manuals. Do You know where I could find one? Thanks!

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
  6. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I also have the manuel for mine. I could fax it to you if you need it. Also, is the input sensitivity more sensitive than that of other amps? Mine seems to clip more than the mackie 1400 with the same set up and EQ. Just curious.
    Joe