QSC USA sieres

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ADbassman, Jun 3, 2004.

1. I found a local dealer who is cutting me a good deal on a QSC USA sieres 1310 power amp. I realize this is an older and discontinued sieres, and its massive (4 rack units), but I believe it'll work for the purposes I'd be using it for. One thing I notice is that the gain knobs are on the back. I've never had a power amp before, so I'm wondering if this will be a problem. Also, Ohms and impedance blow my mind, so this may sound stupid, but how does a poweramp/cabinet knows what ohmage to operate at (Say the power amp is rated at 400 watts @ 8 ohms, and thats the max handling of the cabinet its attached to). What kind of experiences have any of you had with the QSC american sieres.

Thanks for your help.
  2. I own the QSC USA 900 series and I am very happy with it. Good clean power.

The volume knobs on the back shouldn't pose a problem. Generally speaking, once you set them you leave them alone and use the gain and master on your preamp to make adjustments.

FWIW I leave mine all the way up, but it could be useful to turn one down if you have two cabs that don't match up volume-wise.

Speaker cabinets operate at a specified impedance (ohms) period. Nothing to figure out there, just a fact.

The amp will be able to send a specific amount of power to the cab based on the impedance of the cab. Impedance is basically a measure of "resistance". The higher the impedance, the less power sent to the cab.

There is nothing to set here, it's just how it works.
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Wow, I forgot but I have a USA 1310 in a rack stored at my dad's house! I used it with an Alembic F1-X pre. No complaints with the 1310, nice and clean, very reliable. I would first: 1. turn on my pre, 2. turn on the QSC, 3. turn up the channel(s) on the QSC, 4. then turn up the volume on my pre. To power it off I'd do this in reverse order.

I did'nt find having the controls in the back a hassle at all. You've got a great amp, enjoy.