Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC2450 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaveDeVille, Apr 26, 2004.

1. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i just recieved my new QSC2450 amp last friday , and i have a question about the signal lights ...

i'm running the amp in parallel mode ,{ with switches set for 50 hz. }
    into an Avatar CB115 { 600watt - 8 ohm } , and Avatar CB112 { 500watt - 8ohm } . should be getting 500watts to each cabinet .

my question is , are the signal lights next to the 'clip' lights supposed
    to light up every time i play a note ? they are just short little flashes ...
    { please forgive my ignorance , but this is my first experience with seperate power amp and preamp .}

thanks in advance for any help :cool:

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Each signal LED indicates that the channel is putting out a signal of at least about 0.1% of full power.

If the clip LED lights, then the channel is being pushed beyond its full-power capability.

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

thanks Bob !!

i kinda figured about the clip light , just wasn't sure about the signal ...

this kind of customer service makes me all the more confident in my
    purchase of the RMX unit !! :D :cool:

4. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Is it ok the red clip lights come on when you hit heavy notes (i.e., occasional clipping)?

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Occasional clipping is usually nothing to worry about.