1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Just announced!

2. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    BrentSimons and gzarruk like this.
  3. Curious to see if the USB connection allows re-amping direct tracks. I have to imagine it does. Hopefully you can do everything inside the DAW once it is connected.

4. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    Man, this thing looks so friggin' cool. RIP my wallet. Will be curious to see what kind of models end up in there to begin with, and how much of them are bass models. :D

BrentSimons and Al Krow like this.
  5. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    It's not going to be kind to anyone's wallet!

But it seems they have put the firepower of a Helix Floor into a package the size of a HX Effects. That's quite an offering.

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    At least for me, the Stomp is also quite irritating to use without HX Edit and a computer. A touch screen and switches that are dials seem insanely user-friendly. I don't know how the capture technology works either, but I'd love to get a digital capture of my Hellborg rig! Plus being able to run the Neural DSP bass plugins on that thing will be insane. Can't wait until September, damn!

7. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Agreed that the user interface on this thing with its touch screen looks fantastic. It was the feature that immediately grabbed my attention, too.

I suspect Helix may start to need to think about playing catch up on that score in the not too distant future. However the price difference between this and the Stomp is currently huge, so that's going to offer them quite a bit of a breathing space.

8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    NZ
    Definitely more powerful than the Fractal FX8.

Nick von Nick and BrentSimons like this.
  9. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I want to see the screen's durability put to the test

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. Very interested to learn more about this puppy. 84CB4EB0-FF63-42C2-8B43-E6D83C237615.png

BrentSimons and Driven Crane like this.
  11. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

There's plenty of information online and price is $1599 plus shipping.

12. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yep lots of reading already and it looks cool. If they are at NAMM I'm going to check it out.

13. Zon master

Zon master

May 10, 2017
    Earth, Planet
    Based on the specs and info it appears they Frankenstein-ed features from their competitors. Touch screen similar to the HeadRush Pedalboard and Gigboard, Hotone Ampero, and software apps. Profiling like AxeFx, Kemper, Positive Grid, and others. 70+ effects same as the competitors but I'm not sure how Neural's effects stack up and what models are offered. Plenty of DSP, though the Neural plugins already require a lot, but competing with multifx units such as the Boss GT-1000, Helix (LT, Floor, Rack), ISP Theta Pro, end even Source Audio may be tough for the Quad Cortex to make significant improvements over. Will be looking forward to reviews

Al Krow and Johnny Crab like this.
  14. gzarruk

gzarruk

Aug 31, 2009
    Would need to sell most, if not all, of my pedalboard just to justify buying this (and it would be a messy experience for sure), but for some reason I'm super interested in this. My biggest concern about buying a super powerful multi effects unit like this one or the Helix, though, is that you have to pay LOTS of money to get it, only to see a newer, better version released a couple years down the road, rendering yours obsolete and painfully reducing the resale value.

15. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    It’s actually twice the CPU of a Helix Floor/Rack/Fractal AX8/FM3.

16. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    NZ
    Neural Capture seems to be a game changer. If it can model a Pearce Bass Preamp...

BrentSimons and MDBass like this.
  17. Joeynone

Joeynone www.facethekingband.com Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I preordered it. I’m ready to inform you all of how it is.... in about 8-9 months

18. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    If I preorder it, Line 6 will release Helix 2.0 in August.

19. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    Watching this with interested, but I don't think I'll be switching from my Helix LT with this generation.

Luckily I have a friend of mine who is super interested in one, so I sense a shoot-out coming...

BrentSimons likes this.
  20. brentonbassist

brentonbassist

Aug 10, 2010
    I’m a friend of yours who is super interested in one!