1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Yeah, Boss SY-1000 if you want to go down the multifx + capable synth route. In fact, I suspect that might be exactly where I am heading...

BrentSimons and retroXvertigo like this.
  2. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    Just checked the recently updated website list, some omissions and some "not-yet-ready-no-eta" (crossed out):

BASS AMPS: Bass Flip-Top 66, Bass Flip-Top Ch 64, Bass Flip-Top Patch, Bass Super Valve, British Plexi 50 Bass Bright, British Plexi 50 Bass Normal, British Plexi 50 Bass Patch, G400K, California Bass 400
    (No Aggie Tonehammer/DB750? No Sunn Model T?)

DISTORTION: Animate Fuzz, BDDI, Brass Matters, Soviet Fuzz, Microtubes B3K, Vintage Microtubes
    (BDDI on Helix is one of its best bass effects, would've like to seen how this compares at launch. And definitely DG VM.)

COMP: Dynamic Comp, Hairlow Comp, Jewel Comp, Legendary 87, Adaptive Gate, Utility Gate, Opto Comp, Solid State Comp, Super Symmetry, VCA Comp
    (Would've liked to hear the DG SS at launch too.)

Seems it's mostly still behind/deprioritized for bass - guitarists have like 20 distortions listed, and only two not-yet-ready. Yes I'm a bit impatient, but will still give it a chance to mature. Meanwhile happy to have my imperfect, but much cheaper and more versatile HX Stomp.

son_of_mogh and JulienP. like this.
  3. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    That seems like a fair chunk of stuff to drop off the list so early on. COVID delays must really be hurting them.

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Seems like manufacturing delays would allow the list of algorithms to grow not shrink.

I saw that update recently and that was enough to keep me from breaking down and ordering at this time.

CameronJohnson likes this.
  5. Bassique

Bassique

Feb 25, 2015
    Finland
    Honestly, I would be happy if it has even couple solid bass amps and distortion pedals. For me it doesnt really matter what amp model it is, since its more about the EQ curve and Cab/Impulse you use. I also have the HX Stomp and while I can get some good results with it, X Ultra is still my main pedal for recording. The HX Stomp just sounds a bit weak compared to it.

6. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The captures it comes with covers what I need I think.
    Quad Cortex Factory Capture List

7. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Good point about the Capture List...ugh oh, GAS pains increasing again :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    BrentSimons likes this.
  8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I think I'm going to hold out and see what the reviews are like for bass.

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore

Duuude. There are some REALLY great things on that list. The guitar list is even better.

10. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    It has the Tech21 PSA on the capture list of bass pre-amps
    There are 10 bass specific pre-amps on a PSA and another 40 which are guitar, but some can be used nicely on bass - has it got all of them?
    What exactly form the PSA has been captured?

JulienP. and Zon master like this.
  11. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    sunbeast and Sonicblaze like this.
  12. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Dudes...

13. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    Probably about the closest emulation of that tone I've heard. Even with the bung notes (sorry, had to)

14. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Wow, this thing looks amazing. Really looks more geared toward "heavier" tones bass wise, while still having lots of different choices. Can't wait to hear some demos.

15. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Leaving this here...

16. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Like the Darkglass B7K end the VMT, i think up it can sound great also if one dials back the distortion.

17. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Quad Cortex December Development Update #2

"The Neural Capture process continues to be improved. We have optimised the consistency and reduced computational errors in the network training at the heart of Neural Capture. We will also be adding the following Captures:

• Aguilar® AG700®

• Aguilar® DB751®

• Aguilar® Tone Hammer® 500 "

18. melloncollie

melloncollie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2016
    I’m super interested in the quad cortex. I’m pretty deep in the helix eco-system and I really enjoy it, but this could make me change my mind. I just wish there was a quad cortex plugin as I’m doing more stuff in the box now.

19. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    The DB751 model in my Helix Stomp is pretty good, but I'd love to compare the QC's take it. If it were close enough, it would dispel my gas for someday investing in the "real deal".

20. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yeah, I was going to get a second hand Mesa Carbine M6 again, I miss that thing. But, if the captures do it justice (time will tell) maybe I won’t.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021