1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think they said there was a mode coming later (?) that allows scene mode on four switches and stompbox in four? Then I could give the stomp box midi control to the guitarist and the just switch scenes for every song. I don’t need to change sound on the bass that often.

archisland and sunbeast like this.
  2. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Ah ok. Didn't realize you were Erik Arko. :)

BrentSimons and archisland like this.
  3. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    How about 4 MIDI pedals feeding a 4x1 MIDI merger feeding the MIDI input of the QC? Assumptions being: the MIDI pedals can be programmed to send MIDI CC#, variable per switch....and...if the QC allows for assignment of discrete MIDI CC receive to the individual effect block slots being used in a preset.

This type of setup would give you simple stomp functionality for each player. The log jam would be with hitting the overall cpu processing limit. If captures are a lower cpu % hit, then that would be the way to go for core tones. I can realistically see 3 or 4 players with modest needs sharing a single QC this way.

I know they're bulky and awkward to program, but the Behringer FCB1010 is relatively inexpensive and has enough programmability to do this task.

4. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Man, I've been toying with the Neural DSP plugins and I'm sold on the modeling method. The Darkglass Ultra and Fortin Cali plugins are hands down my favorite.

5. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Archetype: Cory Wong is my jam! It does great with bass and guitar.

Ive already got the Darkglass Ultra, Parallax, and Fortin Nameless plug-ins.

Archetype: Gojira may be purchased sometime soonish - it is killer sounding out of the box! I’ve been trying the Abasi and Plini Archetypes, but I haven’t fallen for them like I have the others.

Fun With Dirt likes this.
  6. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I use both the Parallax and Darkglass Ultra in recording, I got the Nolly pack on sale for the sole purpose of having it on my QC to impress my guitarist. ;)

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Well, I'm on the pre-order list. This wait could be torture.

8. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Same. Looks like they are on target to start shipping in late March. I got on pre-order on January 19th so I may not be in the first batch that Sweetwater gets.

9. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    I hear you. I got the trial for the Gojira one. I like their guitar tones enough in the recordings. I think they sound great. ...but I just didn't connect with it when I was playing through it like I did with the Cali. The Parallax I might get. Not sure yet.

10. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Doug sent out an email yesterday with a 25% discount code for Mission Engineering if anyone is looking for an expression pedal to go with the QC.

NEURAL25

Ryno1330 and Fun With Dirt like this.
  11. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Wong is awesome and I love Nolly as well. As I play guitar also I haven't done much with bass and C Wong. Any suggestions?

12. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    I hear ya. I pre-ordered from Sweetwater on 12/11 (when they told me it would ship in early January lol).
    I can't imagine the guys that pre-ordered over a year ago.

13. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    The first amp (the channel strip thing) is awesome when you turn off the cab sim portion. The bass presets under Factory > Cory Wong are a good starting place :thumbsup:

Ryno1330 likes this.
  14. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    If your preorder number is over 1500, you probably won't be. I know I'm under 1800, so I'm expecting to be in the 2nd batch

15. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    This is through a dealer. SW didn't say which order i was in line.

16. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska

No, this is through SW. A friend of mine works there, so I knew how many were in line in front of me

17. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Ah ok. The guy i talk to there says he had no idea how many SW is due to get so he couldn't tell me where I land. I put in my order on Jan 19, 2021. Haven't been on the waiting list long.

18. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska

From what my guy told me, the first drop is 1500

19. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    I'm fully expecting to not be in the first drop given how late I got into this.

Pacman likes this.
  20. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    I just shot my guy an email and asked if he knew what place in line I am. We'll see if he knows.

Pacman likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021